Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

edit: nevermind, not sure

I was wrong above - abandoned means the client quit. untrusted means the cert wasn't trusted.

I would contact support if you have a support contract.
    Otherwise I would try a different client.
    Last edited by dmorris; 02-13-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Thank you. I've been working with support too, but the back and forth takes a bit. We're a Google based school, so I've been trying to be persistent in seeking a solution. I've been cross posting info between here, and my support ticket. REQUEST #116174

All clients landing within this rack show the same symptoms (student rack) with SSL inspector.

Teachers are BYOD, so we don't inspect their ssl.

Maybe I should create a new rack with SSL inspection, and move a few clients over?

Yeah, I would setup a special policy with SSL inspection for testing.
    If you opened a ticket we'll get it sorted. They'll likely need access to a test device though.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

I'm resolved. This was the answer: "there was a missing cert on the back end. The engineer regenerated that and is now seeing the certs being generated as they should be. "

I've asked for clarification, and will post here if I receive it. It reads like the server certificate itself had an issue, but I'm not sure why other SSL sites I was inspecting worked properly if that were the case.

Thank you Dirk, and other contributors here.

I think I saw your case and I wondered if it was this one...

There was a zero length cert file for google on the filesystem (in the cache). Since it existed it thought it was already there and kept using it even though it wasn't valid.
    Never seen that issue before and we aren't sure what caused it. Usually its a box that has been hard rebooted before the filesystem synced, but your system had not been rebooted and showed no hard drive issues in the logs. No idea...

Removing the file and allowing it to regen the google cert fixed it...

Untangler

Thank you for the assistance.

Location example is /var/cache/untangle-ssl/7C01D933313189CC5692AC730A27235755A1DBDB.p12

You can remove p12's from
    /var/cache/untangle-ssl/ and they will regenerate from what I can tell.
    skearton likes this.

Master Untangler

Figured I would add to this thread. We re-generated our CA and certificates for SSL inspector and were faced with SSL inspector still not working. After blowing out /var/cache/untangle-ssl/ everything started working as expected with the new certificate. Very odd issue, that even support was spinning its wheels on for quite some time now.
    skearton likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12