Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Untangler

Question Possible to buy just this app? (Home license)

Is it possible to buy apps a-la-carte, in particular the Threat Prevention app? I'm at home using the Home license and this app expires today, but it appears that the only way to buy it is to get the full $25/mo license?

This app seems very useful and has already already blocked some connections to russian servers suspected of spyware on my wifes phone, so I would really like to keep it if possible, but not sure I can justify $25/mo at home.

It is not possible to purchase Threat Protection outside of the Complete package.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    It is not possible to purchase Threat Protection outside of the Complete package.
    Por que no?

Untangle hasn't said... usually modules are available a la carte, but this one isn't for now. I think it's planned to make it available later, but there's been no announcement to that effect to give a time when that might be.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Create a feature request for allowing to add it to home version. If they get enough interested they might be more interested.

How much would it cost?

Yes i want it also in my home and i don't mind to pay 50-100 for it.

Yes, a Homepro version would be awesome !

I hope it is added and would be will to pay 25 per year for it. Other community next gen firewalls have Threat Feeds for free.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I hope it is added and would be will to pay 25 per year for it. Other community next gen firewalls have Threat Feeds for free.
    No other product does what Threat Prevention does, and certainly not for free.

Heck, most of us that have tinkered with it wound up turning it off because it's way too aggressive.

What is it you're trying to do?
    tcurtis likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I would pay for it if the price was more reasonable (for home use) than a full license as well. My goal is protecting my network against teenagers and wives that click on links in emails and social media posts with reckless abandon because they don't understand the risks, and don't understand how to evaluate the risks. How could they, I'm a software engineer who has worked online for years and I find myself having to really dig in and research some links before clicking myself, it's not reasonable to expect non-professionals to approach it with the same level of analysis. If some filter could block connections to known bad IP's then that is one more brick in the wall of protection.

The web filter has already caught several things, including a couple of attempted connections from my son's PC to a known ransomware server, so the web filter has some of these capabilities, but the more the intelligence the better.
    Last edited by MattFL2; 04-28-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    0liv likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast