Default Telegram audio messages are now blocked ! Why ?

I just found out after a very frustrating week that the Threat Prevention module of my untangle router is responsible for the audio messages in the messaging app Telegram to be blocked and not be downloadable. This raises a few issues:

1. Why did they start being blocked ~1 week ago ?
    2. How can an audio message in the Telegram messaging app be considered high risk ?
    3. It would be nice to be able to add an exception based on the "Application: Application name", since the application module already recognizes this app
    4. Is Threat Prevention included with the HomePro licence ? It says "Licence not found" but it is working since it is blocking stuff. I did not install it, it was there after I installed the router the first time. When I click on the reports, it says "Page not found", maybe it is linked.
    Last edited by kriegalex; 10-05-2020 at 05:56 AM.

How do you know Threat Prevention is blocking Telegram?

1. Signatures are updated daily so it could be a change in the set.
    2. Packet signatures are packet regex expressions. There is a chances of false positives.
    3. Module process packets in parallel so the Threat Prevention module will not know of the Application tagging.
    4. Threat Prevention is not included with Home license. It was likely installed during the setup wizard question "do you want to install all recommended apps". This is why I doubt Threat Prevention is the issue.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    How do you know Threat Prevention is blocking Telegram?
    I had the blocked messages from a friend trying to download over and over. As soon as I disabled this module (I tried to disable a few), the message downloaded itself and started playing. I knew it was something with my home network because the telegram desktop app was doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    4. Threat Prevention is not included with Home license. It was likely installed during the setup wizard question "do you want to install all recommended apps". This is why I doubt Threat Prevention is the issue.
    Well then I don't have the licence for it, but it was still active since it was reporting XXX sessions as high risk (the ones from Telegram) and was blocking this audio messages. Maybe the reports are blocked (I could not see them, page not found), but the active scanning is not blocked without a license ?
    Last edited by kriegalex; 10-05-2020 at 12:51 PM.