Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Hi everyone. I'm completely new to Untangle as I've only had it up and running for about a day and a half now. But I'm loving it and can only imagine I will enjoy it even more as I learn more about it. I am running the latest version, 6.01 and I am interested in installing nTop. I would sincerely appreciate any help and direction as to how to proceed to install nTop in 6.01. Will the scripts and directions in any of the existing threads work for me?

I've been completely successful in getting all of Untangles open source products to work to my satisfaction. This is more a credit to the Untangle crew and this forum then my own expertise or technical skills and I certainly don't want to foul anything up now. But I would really like to get nTop working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default 6.01 Success!

Hello everyone! I thought I would respond to my own question here in hopes that it would help someone else adventuresome enough to give installing nTop on 6.01 a shot. I created a backup of my entire UT hard drive prior to attempting this and would suggest that you do the same.

I followed the instructions at the very found at the very first of this tread and got everything to work. The only problems I ran into were that the /etc/init.d start command did not work for me and I had some trouble getting figuring out how to set up a packet filter.

My work arounds and solutions were to fire up the terminal and run nTop directly from there. I did have to use the "-w 4000" option and so perhaps I managled the command to change the setup and that was why the /etc/init.d start didn't work for me.

Setting up the packet filter was just me figuring out that the way to set one was to go to config/networking and advanced. Everything else works like advertised.

Untanglit

Default only accessible from the untangle box

I got nTop successfully installed, but for some reason it is only accessible from the untangle box. If i put the untangle ip:4000 on any internal or external computer I get a page error.

-bj

Did you follow the instructions of creating the packet filter rule per the sample attached in the OP?
    Vote here to have wireless included in Untangle.

Default Packet Filter

I saw the screen shot of the packet filter required in the "How to" that starts this thread, but I wasn't immediately sure where to install a packet filter or how. In answer to the individual that can't connect to the port 4000 from an external computer, you need to go to the config tab and then click on the networking link. From there you will see an advanced button in the upper right corner of your screen. Slide your mouse pointer over the top of the word advanced and you will see a drop down that includes packet filter as an option. Select the packet filter and then set it up as shown in the screenshot attached to the first post of this thread.

Good luck.

Untanglit

Thank you emik and silverbullet. I remember following the attached jpg, but apparently I didn't hit save or something simple. It works now, thank you.

-bj

Will nTop be included by default in upcoming releases or via the normal updates process????

Default ntop 6.02

Hello to all,

I am trying to install ntop to 6.02. I manage to installed it with no errors on the installation, in addition i added packet filter exactly as show to the attached image.
    I double check that ntop service is running on the UT box

However i am not able to view ntop neither on x.x.x.x:4000 or defaultrack>report>ntop

p.s. As, this is my 1st time writing on this forum, I have to thanks every1 that gives such a excellent support.

Default ntop 6.02

Well i will reply to my own post.

Locally from the ut box i could view the ntop. i couldnt view ntop from my desk pc. What i did was to add the source address (desk pc) to packet filter

Thanks again

Untanglit

This is working on my 6.02 box except I can't access the secure area's (when it prompts for the username / password.

What username do I use?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast