Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thanks.

I certainly hope that it is and maybe a User Interface could be added for easier configuration.

Did you get yours up and going Zalman1?

Untanglit

I'm new to linux and not too keen going into command line and editing stuff. I'll wait for you guys to bring it out in a update It would be well used here

Untangler

Default Security?

Bullet-
    Is there any wireless security model that works with this ... WEP possibly?

Just curious.

Michael

WEP, WPA, WPA2 with AES and TKIP, RADIUS (If you have a RADIUS server) and EAP.

All of those are in the hostapd package. Give me a minute and I will post a sample config of hostapd.conf on my original post.

You can also do MAC filtering. This setup will do anything that any other Wireless Access Point can do.

You could also add another Virtual Interface and use it as a client interface to setup a Repeater Bridge. You would just need to setup wpasupplicant for the client interface.
    Last edited by Silver Bullet; 03-26-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Added sample hostapd.conf to original post.

Also, using the madwifi drivers, you can have up to 4 virtual interfaces. So I guess you could run multiple Access Points using one physical card. I will have to try this to see... but I think it should be doable.

looks great but i think i will just get a spare wireless router and plug it in with DHCP disabled...LOL i dont dare wonder into this territory.....yet

First issue I ran into is that the $(uname -r) adds '-untangle' to the linux-header request. It read 'linux-headers-2.6.22-14-untangle' when it needed 'linux-headers-2.6.22-14' instead. This was with a 5.1 cd install.

That was what it was supposed to add.

When I ran the apt-get with the $(uname -r), it said that it Couldn't find the package. Now that I have the other package, I ran into the issue that make wanted me to declare the KERNELPATH. After finding some threads elsewhere and playing with it a bit, I ran make oldconfig, menuconfig or xconfig to make the .config file. One finally worked but make keeps coming up with errors. Any recomendation?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast