Untanglit

Default Untangle interface is too slow. How to improve this?

Untangle interface is too slow. How to improve this?

Master Untangler

You provided to many details?

Use a remote computer to view the interface and not the console. Also close all browsers on the console.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Use a remote computer to view the interface and not the console. Also close all browsers on the console.
    I'm viewing via remote interface. Untangle it´s slow to save / change tabs, update info.

Server is a Dell R730 with 320 GB RAM DDR4, two 10 gbit nics, two xeon 2980 v4 (56 cores total). Disk is a RAID 50 with 16 SSD´s of 480 GB.

Well from the specs you provided you must be virtualizing, if so you have something very wrong on your end.
    I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismal View Post
    Well from the specs you provided you must be virtualizing, if so you have something very wrong on your end.
    No, I'm not virtualizing. This server is a stand alone for untangle.

Ok sorry for that just thought the specs were overkill for just UT. Well, untangle's UI is very responsive so you must have something set up wrong. So when you say too slow how slow ? maybe if you give more details you could be helped more
    I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen

Master Untangler

From my own experience it matters too what I’m accessing the Untangle UI with. I think that’s especially true with Debian/Firefox (versus Windows, say), which is what I use most often. Using old hardware in that case is painful.

If the Untangle UI were a normal website I’d class it as slow in a few ways—Dashboard updates, for example. But again, it matters what I’m using on the client end. It takes a pretty robust device to make the UI approach anything like fast across the board. That probably goes without saying, but there it is for what it’s worth.