Untanglit

Default Need a way to Save new OpenVPN Client config after hours

Unable to save OpenVPN new Client Configurations during business hours. When saving it disrupts network traffic. Client will lose phone calls, and RDP connections to their terminal servers are disconnected during the save.

Does anyone know of a way to schedule a save in the OpenVPN app? Or maybe there is a way to set this up via command line and schedule that command to run at a certain time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would VPN in and access the GUI. You can wait and verify that the network comes back up.
    If you think I got Grumpy

Untanglit

What I am hoping for is not having to log in after hours just to access the App and save the config. But being able to schedule it during normal business hours to happen without any "after hours" interaction from an administrator needed.
    Last edited by djrees; 03-15-2020 at 10:06 PM.

There's a bug slated for fix in 15.1 which doesn't cause networking to restart when mucking about in there. So hopefully, we just don't do that silly reset thing long term.
    Jim.Alles likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Look at "man shutdown" . It can reboot after some time you specify. You may not want to reboot while not on site though.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Look at "man shutdown" . It can reboot after some time you specify. You may not want to reboot while not on site though.
    I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and will be appropriately embarrassed when I realize what, but to me, scheduling saves for app configuration changes isn't related to the shutdown command. If you haven't already made the app configuration saves, they'll be lost on reboot/shutdown, right?
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Yeah this thread isn't about scheduling a shutdown or restart of Untangle, it's about stopping the networking reset that pops all the OpenVPN clients off when you make a new one.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Had the same problem