Default Does Untangle (or Can Untangle) track internet outages?

My ISP (Astound / Wave Cable) disconnects at random intervals. I am running PingPlotter when at my PC and I can see the outages.

Which got me thinking, does (Just had one, lasted 3 seconds while typing this).

They are brief, 1 - 5 seconds, but they absolutely destroy the ability for my kids (and occasionally me) to play live or competitive games online.

I was wondering if there is anything in the logs somewhere or something I can set up to log these outages so I would have something to take to my ISP.

Ironically, I have tried calling them, and each time I call they say "We are having an outage in your area" so they won't listen to me that this happens every single day for the last 4 - 5 months.

The best way is to get logs from your cpe device. Anything else and your isp will blame your equipment.

I don't belive the cable modem keeps logs, but I have bypassed my entire network and plugged directly into it, and rang pinplotter and I can see it as clear as day.

But I know exactly what you mean.

Wave used to be good until they changed their name to Astound (parent company) and ever since then, we get this intermittent droppage. I suspect they changed thier upline provider, but I don't have a tracrt to compare.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRe View Post
    I don't belive the cable modem keeps logs, but I have bypassed my entire network and plugged directly into it, and rang pinplotter and I can see it as clear as day.

But I know exactly what you mean.

Wave used to be good until they changed their name to Astound (parent company) and ever since then, we get this intermittent droppage. I suspect they changed thier upline provider, but I don't have a tracrt to compare.
    Install the 14day pingplotter trial on your pc, let it run all night all day for a few days. Make sure you ping a few different ip's around the town / city / state. Show them the issues.

Use WAN failover, we specifically recommend it for this purpose even when you only have 1 WAN.

https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...-WAN-Failover-

https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...Failover-test-

Depending on the age of the modem itself you may also want to consider replacing it, I had issues a few years ago with bad packet loss and a modem switch resolved it.

Master Untangler

We also use WAN Failover for this specific purpose..