Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default Rix Tip Of the Day... branding.

Before you upgrade to 6.0 and get stuck having to pay $10 a month to brand it.... (as this trick does not work in 6.0):

On 5.x, just press crtl+alt and left click on setup info. Tada, branding tab is now there. Change all the information you want, add in your logo, etc...

Now upgrade to 6.0
    Last edited by Rick@BBM; 12-15-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Master Untangler

Yeah I thought about this after one of my servers auto updated...
    Seems a bit shady and makes me think they will kill that in future releases...

shameless

Master Untangler

I'm sure as changes are made to the blockpage etc. that this will be overwritten. I would not depend on it as a "solution".

I'm weighing here with an unofficial response.

I'm wondering about what it is the OP is trying to accomplish.

1.) The method outlined was never intended for general distribution as has never been official.
    2.) I doubt very much that we're going to spend engineering resources on blocking this procedure.d
    3.) This really can't be relied upon to work going forward, so I'm not sure if I would use this to present the "brand" of my company as it will probably look "broken" in the future.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

I'm still trying to figure out why so many people want to work into the back door to use the branding tools... when the power of open source grants them the LEGAL means to make the changes to their own files themselves?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

mdh

Why learn how to cook if somebody will feed you?

Untanglit

Not all can afford paying for professional support, I know we have to give the Untangle people credit that is due for their hard work e.g., displaying Untangle's logo but why not give us the option to put our own logo and at the same time give Untangle credit by saying/displaying "Powered by Untangle"?

Just my two cents worth.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

And again I repeat, why not take the 10 minutes it takes to learn HTML get into Untangle with WinSCP find the file that generates the web page that does the block rules or whatever you want and just edit the darn thing to look how you want? Heck, if you made your logo in the same size and shape as the Untangle one all you have to do is replace a single graphics file. You just want someone to do the work for you, stop being lazy, use Open Source to your advantage!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Is this the correct .gif image file --> /usr/share/untangle/web/ROOT/images/BrandingLogo.gif ? I have already replaced this file and rebooted UT just to make sure but I'm still seeing the UT logo.

TIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast