Untangler

Default Rule issues, probably order

Nothing to do, I really can't wrap my head around rule order lol.

Anyway I'm trying to send different traffic to different tunnels and failing miserably.

To do this I'm tagging traffic, if a client tried to access a certain site it will get tunnel A, if it has torrents it will be tunnel B, and everything else goes to tunnel C.

1 ) client tagged NOT "empty" gets tunnel C
    2 ) client tagged "site" gets tunnel A
    3 ) client tagged "torrent" gets tunnel B

The main computer has a few game updaters always on and since they use some sort of p2p, I get how it gets the torrent tag. The other tunnels however aren't even connected! Also my phone is getting a direct connection, something that shouldn't be possible.
    Am I asking something impossible? Can it do only 1 tunnel at a time?

Using NordVPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    To do this I'm tagging traffic, if a client tried to access a certain site it will get tunnel A, if it has torrents it will be tunnel B, and everything else goes to tunnel C.
    Thats your ruleset right there.

rule 1: if client tagged "site" use tunnel A if available
    rule 2: if cilent tagged "torrent" use tunnel B if available
    rule 3: if <no conditions> use tunnel C if available

all sessions will evaluate those rules in order.

btw, if they are all connections to Nord why does it matter which tunnel they use?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Thanks for the help, I'll fix my rules asap.

The different tunnels matter depending on what I'm trying to do: the site rule should allow me to work around a regional content lock, the torrent one on the other hand sends that traffic on a server that allows it rather than one that won't allow it and automatically switch over to one that does, but apparently without considering the distance. Torrent servers seem slower, so I would rather avoid them when possible. Finally the server switch does cause a connection drop, so I really really want to avoid it happening network wide where it could interrupt voip or streaming or who knows what.

Cool. That makes sense.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com