Untanglit

Default PIA working for you guys?

Just noticed that my Tunnel VPN to Private Internet Access seems to be down and won't reconnect when I try recycling the connection. Anybody recently have issues with connecting to PIA?

Looking at the site the the firewall points me to for obtaining the ovpn config files (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/openvpn-ios), I see that each connection says "Client update needed" so I'm wondering if something changed on their end that is causing it to not work.

I will embarrassingly admit that I am still running untangle 15.1.2. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Untanglit

Nevermind...looks like the US East and NYC servers are down or something. Just tried using the Washington DC opvn config and that worked. UGH

Yuppp. Same issue here. Almost made a grave mistake with a "batch download" but thankfully saw the sessions before anything could get through

US East and NYC are definitely down. I seem to be running OK using Washington DC though. Being from northern NJ, the NYC location is clearly the best option but Washington DC's server is nearly as fast.

It looks like PIA is phasing out the old architecture so doubtful it will work with untangle in the future

https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...-update-needed

PIA's "next generation" infrastructure is dropping support for OpenVPN 2.3 clients, that's the most recent client that worked on Windows XP... that's how old it is.

The OpenVPN version utilized by Untangle is the same as is used by Debian 10, that is OpenVPN 2.4.7. Which while isn't the newest 2.5, it's still more than young enough to access PIA's "new", "next generation" network.

All PIA users utilizing TunnelVPN need to do is pull in the updated configuration files so they can connect to OpenVPN servers provided by PIA that are actually online.

Untangle's OpenVPN version doesn't have to be upgraded, it was upgraded long ago.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

That worked. What I did was;

> downloaded the PIA windows app
    > connected through the app
    > copied their server IP address
    > Went back to the configuration file downloaded from this page https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/openvpn-ios
    > Changed the remote addresses to the new server so it looks like this

OLD
    client
    dev tun
    remote us-florida.privateinternetaccess.com 1198 udp
    remote us-florida.privateinternetaccess.com 502 tcp
    resolv-retry infinite
    nobind
    persist-key
    persist-tun
    setenv CLIENT_CERT 0

NEW