Default Tunnel will not connect and not log entries

I have set up a new Branch office device with Untangle 16.2.2 and set up Tunnel VPN on the device and it does not connect. If I check the Log Tab it is empty and refresh does not change that.

I am connecting to a central office Untangle and I have set up an OpenVPN connection similiar to one I set up for another device back in December and that one is working fine and it is also using 16.2.2 but was originally set up under 16.1.0 and upgraded to 16.2.2.

I have tried re-installing Untangle on the new device and install the older version 16.1.0 and that has not helped either. I can not trouble shoot as it does not look like the device is attempting to connect to the central office. And the logs for the central office don't show anything for this branch office device.

I have turned the tunnel VPN off and back on and removed it and re-added it and it still appears to not make any attempt to connect to the remote site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Untangler

@totts,
    I don't have a solution as I just noticed this same issue. On ngfw's that had VPN's before, they connect to the VPN's via Tunnel VPN no problem- full logs and everything. On a ngfw that had no VPN profiles previously, I uploaded a StrongVPN opvn file with username and password, and there is no connection. Nothing in the logs. Maybe if enough of us comment on this, someone will have an answer. Cheers.

Untangler

@totts,
    So after thinking about it, in the "add tunnel/provider" there are some name-brand options, and then you can also select to import a zip, ovpn or conf file. Since StrongVPN's file is an ovpn file, I've always used that option, but when I selected "conf" and imported the ovpn file, the tunnel connected without a problem. Shows active connection in the logs too.

Untangler

Thanks for posting this. You're right about there being some kind of programming defect here as I've experienced it myself now on two separate systems. Even thought it's an Untangle to Untangle Tunnel, I ended up selecting "Custom Conf file", then uploading the inline single file openvpn file. No amount of adding/removing the zip file as directed when using the "untangle" option would work. I spend HOURS on troubleshooting this, and your post saved me. Thanks!