Default Route Specific Applications/Ports Away From VPN; Split Tunnel: Is this how its done?

I started using ProtonVPN, but have been getting "Strict NAT" messages in some games.

I want to be able to have all of my traffic go through Proton EXCEPT some specific games/applications. Did some reading and found this is called "Split Tunneling" but I am not sure how I can implement it.

My thought process is to go into the TunnelVPN rules tab, add a rule for a specific destination port, and allow it to be "routed Normally". Would this work? Would it conflict with the default

Route all traffic over any available Tunnel.
    With No Conditions and Any Available Tunnel

Any conflicts you see?

Or, should I specify all traffic across the Proton VPN, and make another tunnel that is just for specific ports and applications?

Am I overthinking?

Would love some help to get my games back on an open NAT.

Thank You

You're in for a very bad time...

Game traffic is almost impossible to match in a way that affords this sort of thing.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You're in for a very bad time...

Game traffic is almost impossible to match in a way that affords this sort of thing.
    Damn, damn.

No method to route a specific port around the tunnel? If I'm SOL, I'm SOL, hahaha.

***EDIT***
    I'm coming at it with a "Port Forward" mindset, where the traffic is just allowed. First time dabbling with split tunneling and I haven't been near a CCNA lab since 2007, so I'm rusty as hell with these more advanced routing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    Damn, damn.

No method to route a specific port around the tunnel? If I'm SOL, I'm SOL, hahaha.

***EDIT***
    I'm coming at it with a "Port Forward" mindset, where the traffic is just allowed. First time dabbling with split tunneling and I haven't been near a CCNA lab since 2007, so I'm rusty as hell with these more advanced routing capabilities.
    Oh no you can route a specific port, the problem is which one? Especially console games rely on match making and UDP hole punching to connect to each other. These situations call for a random port number to connect to another random port number. By the time you're done making a wide enough net to catch all the game traffic, you're basically bypassing all traffic from the VPN.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I am looking to forward a specific port for Call of Duty Warzone, 3047 I believe (I have it written down at home)