Default Tagging not working?

I have a VPN Tunnel with NordVPN. Its up and running.
    I have specific devices set to go via the tunnel via their local IP Address
    This all works.

However, I want all AMAZON traffic be routed through the normal interface, and NOT the VPN Tunnel.

First I checked the amazon application name.
    Then I created a rule under the rules section of the VPN TUNNEL as follows
    Client tagged is AMAZON then Route Normally.

Second rule
    Created rule under VPN tunnel as follows
    Client tagged is AMAZONIV then route normally.

These rules are above all the other rules that direct specific lan IPs out the VPN tunnel.

I can see in the sessions log its recognizing amazon under the applications header.

Amazon is NOT routing through the normal interface, its still going out the VPN.

Any help would be appreciated.

In order to success directly traffic through a specific interface, the selection has to be done before the first packet is sent to the next interface. Application identification takes several packets on NGFW to be identified. At the point an application is identified, it is too late for NGFW to redirect.

This problem was solved on our new product SDWAN https://www.untangle.com/untangle-sd-wan-router/ since it holds the first packet long enough for the session to be idenitified.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Will there be any fix for this? I use the home version and it's critical I can do this.

Untangler

I've been using the Tunnel functionality for the first time today, and it sucks hard..., change anything, even the name of the Tunnel (eg. to correct a spelling mistakle) and it stops working, add another tunnel, it stops working, delete a tunnel, it stops working. I can rename a tunnel to something totally different, and the name persists in the session viewer after a reboot, AND the 'Any Available Tunnel' stops working.

Also, looks like they no longer give a c**p about the home version, having wound back functionality for the last several years, so I'm guessing it will not be long before all the eggs are in the SD-WAN basket

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by tescophil View Post
    I've been using the Tunnel functionality for the first time today, and it sucks hard..., change anything, even the name of the Tunnel (eg. to correct a spelling mistakle) and it stops working, add another tunnel, it stops working, delete a tunnel, it stops working. I can rename a tunnel to something totally different, and the name persists in the session viewer after a reboot, AND the 'Any Available Tunnel' stops working.

Also, looks like they no longer give a c**p about the home version, having wound back functionality for the last several years, so I'm guessing it will not be long before all the eggs are in the SD-WAN basket
    So is the SD-WAN going to replace the good ole untangle?

I'm using nordvpn tunnels aswell and i have no problems. But I also want to push all traffic on these devices thru the tunnel.

I just made a generic tunnel name for each country and replacing the tunnel config is pretty much seamless.