Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Question Block Internet Access Unless VPN Tunnel is Active

I've followed the steps in this thread: 41355-allow-internet-access-only-if-tunnel-up.html (I can't post links yet)

Web access seems to be blocked (I didn't try anything else) however I can still ping out on the internet. I tried adding a condition to my firewall block rule that includes all the protocols yet I still can ping out. Can someone please explain?

Thanks.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I've followed the steps in this thread: 41355-allow-internet-access-only-if-tunnel-up.html (I can't post links yet)

Web access seems to be blocked (I didn't try anything else) however I can still ping out on the internet. I tried adding a condition to my firewall block rule that includes all the protocols yet I still can ping out. Can someone please explain?

Thanks.
    Block ICMP ?
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untangler

I tried that with the condition I added. ICMP is checked.

Master Untangler

I tried that with the condition I added. ICMP is checked.
    You need to post screen shots then please
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    You need to post screen shots then please
    I created firewall rules exactly from the post quoted above but in my block rule, I added "Protocol" and checked all of them.

Master Untangler

I created firewall rules exactly from the post quoted above but in my block rule, I added "Protocol" and checked all of them.
    One more time if you post screen shots, then we can see if there are any mistakes. Rules work in order also so just be sure they are in order.

Untangler

Disregard the description regarding "tagged". I altered the rule to include all devices from that interface.

2022-06-28 10_30_46-Settings.png
    2022-06-28 10_29_01-Untangle - mp715 Mozilla Firefox.png
    2022-06-28 10_40_37-Untangle - mp715 Mozilla Firefox.png

I edited this post to delete an screenshot and now it appears as a "thumbnail". Not sure how to delete it.
    Last edited by MP715; 06-28-2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: updated screenshot

Master Untangler

Disregard the description regarding "tagged". I altered the rule to include all devices from that interface.

I edited this post to delete an screenshot and now it appears as a "thumbnail". Not sure how to delete it.

I think you should move your rule "UP" not at the bottom.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    I think you should move your rule "UP" not at the bottom.
    Thanks for your replies. I'll give that a try. Just curious though, if rules are applied in order, and the others are disabled, does it still matter what order it's in?

Untangler

Same result. Web is blocked along with other services I tested. But I can still ping. Very strange. Does Untangle handle ICMP differently? I checked my bypass rules and nothing for ICMP is in there.

2022-06-28 13_37_38-Server Not Found Mozilla Firefox.png
    2022-06-28 13_42_27-Server Not Found Mozilla Firefox.png

I'm unchecking Rule ID 5 to test the blocking.
    2022-06-28 13_43_24-Untangle - mp715 Mozilla Firefox.png
    Last edited by MP715; 06-28-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast