Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by engine411 View Post
    Good move on the switch to MSE... Works very nicely in my experience. I use Clam for on-demand file scanning. There are probably users on this forum that don't trust MSE because it's 1) not considered a heavy-weight AV software and 2) it's from Microsoft... I would actually enjoy hearing from those people and considering any good reason they can muster for why not to use MSE.
    I was/am one of those people. For some reason using MSE rings of having the fox watching the hen house. That said, this machine has MSE on it, as does most of the rest of my equipment, and I've been recommending it to anyone that needs a freebie AV product for residential application. I've *never* had an issue, and *never* gotten a box back sick. But, time will tell. It's certainly an upgrade over the current iteration of AVG Free.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I switched to MSE because of all the third-party reviews of it, not because Microsoft recommended it. Practically every review of it said that despite being a Microsoft product, it was actually a pretty damn good AV program. I'm very happy with it, so far. It stays out of my way.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I was/am one of those people. For some reason using MSE rings of having the fox watching the hen house. That said, this machine has MSE on it, as does most of the rest of my equipment, and I've been recommending it to anyone that needs a freebie AV product for residential application. I've *never* had an issue, and *never* gotten a box back sick. But, time will tell. It's certainly an upgrade over the current iteration of AVG Free.
    Yeah, AVG free used to be a famous something but now is for the birds.
    Lonnie, in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania, a Firefighter to the Core (i7)
    Owner - Kauffman Orchards

Ya, AVG has died slowly, but surely, bloated, not catching what it should.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123