Thread: clamd at 100%

Untangler

Default clamd at 100%

After having some issues with Untangle freezing, I decided to do a reinstall. I backed up my config, reinstalled untangle, then restored the config backup, and everything seems to be working fine, with one exception.

Through the web interface I noticed the load is sitting at 1, constantly, even when theres almost zero traffic. So I popped into the console via SSH and hit top and noticed clamd is using 100% of one of the cores (dual core). The CPU time was over 20 hours. I tried to kill the process, but it wont end (it does say clamd <defunct> but still using 100% CPU). I rebooted the box at noon here today, which worked, for about to hours, then clamd went back to 100%. Its now been there for nearly 2 hours.

Im running:
    Spam Blocker
    Web Filter Lite
    Virus Blocker
    Firewall
    Attack Blocker
    Reports

Virus blocker is running with default settings AFAIK.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem? Thanks.

sounds like something in your network is hammering the a/v by downloading or whatever.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by hescominsoon View Post
    sounds like something in your network is hammering the a/v by downloading or whatever.
    Don't think thats it. Last night no one was on the network except me VPN'ing in and running top. but it stayed at 100% all night, and is still 100% clamd <defunct> today, been there for 20+ hours now.

Untangler

Update: I disabled the virus scanner, then rebooted untangle, and left it that way for about 4 days. clamd didn't come back obviously. I then re-enabled the virus scanner, and everything is working normally so far, ~2 days in. clamd is not slamming the processor. So it appears the problem has worked itself out.