Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by techserv View Post
    Before you come to a forum and start insulting people, you might want to consider the fact that you are using a very useful FREE product that people like Silver Bullet have spent countless hours developing so that people like you can use it without having to buy other very expensive software/hardware. He didn't have to respond to the question at all, yet he took time out of his day to try and HELP!
    Techserv, if you take the time to re-read my message, it isn't insulting at all. Obviously, you have a misunderstanding of something.
    Referring to a person as a child (as Silver Bullet did) is demeaning. Maybe Silver Bullet didn't mean to say it the way he did (only he knows). I understand some people need to do that, to make themselves feel/look empowering to others. I, however, don't. And, I still haven't insulted the first person on here. So please re-read the message fully, before you go off on your tangent next time.

Untangler

When you post things like this:

Quote Originally Posted by bratsadtar View Post
    If you knew the answer, then why not reply with... " If you're running the Open Source version with the single AV scanner, Have your tried to go to the terminal window and then run the command freshclam at the terminal and see if it updates it.

"And, by the way, Where in the reports are you seeing the virus definition date?"

This way we can grow together, and get better results. People are nice, and come here looking for answers to their questions. But, answering a question with a question of your own, just stalls matters and gets us no closer to a result.
    aimed at someone who is donating their time to help someone, I consider it to be disrespectful. You basically went out of your way to post a smart-ass comment that was completely unecessary. I don't think Silver Bullet would have responded the way he did if he didn't take it the same way.

Thats just my

Master Untangler

Here ya go techserve: Let's say you ask the same question.
    I have an untangle running for +/- 15 users.

I had a call now that someone in that LAN is sending MSN links (sort of an MSN Virus)

I looked in the reports and have seen that the untangle Virus definitions are 29 mar 2008.
    Is it possible to update them manually? Or look why they aren't updated?

And you get an answer back:

If you're running the Open Source version with the single AV scanner, Have you tried to go to the terminal window and then run the command freshclam at the terminal and see if it updates it.
    And, where in the reports are you seeing the virus definition date?

You don't agree that is more helpful than just this answer:
    Where in the reports are you seeing the virus definition date?

That's not being mean, insulting, or putting anyone down, period.
    As DMorris made a valid point, and SilverBullet, made his claim too. However since I was the one that answered back as to where I found the virus date listed, I'm glad someone with SilverBullets knowledge with untangle could be shown something new. And, once again, I didn't have to call YOU a name, or put anyone down, in doing it. So, hope you now have a better understanding of the situation, and can move forward.

What I find childish is that you have hijacked this persons thread to rant and rave about the way that I help people. If you or anyone else doesn't like the way I get to the problem to provide an answer, then you start providing answers. Otherwise, mind your own business.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    What I find childish is that you have hijacked this persons thread to rant and rave about the way that I help people. If you or anyone else doesn't like the way I get to the problem to provide an answer, then you start providing answers. Otherwise, mind your own business.
    Wasn't meaning to hijack anything. As a newbie, I gave my on your non-answer, but a question for your own sake.
    Obviously, you are far from an adult to be able to begin to handle that. So I will leave that rest on you. I do provide answers to problems on here. And, unlike you, I don't have to resort to putting others down.
    The fact is, Silver Bullet, I was questioning your non-answer. And, just thought I would ask if you had a valid answer (which you did), why not say it to start, and ask yours too? I had thought you were capable to know the difference. However, you still feel it necessary to put others down, to make yourself feel better. As I have already said, I'm glad you learned something new from my initial answer.

Master Untangler

Here you go silver bullet...... http://forums.untangle.com/showthrea...light=ABC+Full

Go here and see my answer that I provided without the need to put anybody down.

Quote Originally Posted by bratsadtar View Post
    Here you go silver bullet...... http://forums.untangle.com/showthrea...light=ABC+Full

Go here and see my answer that I provided without the need to put anybody down.
    That's funny that you are trying to brag to me about a "solution" you posted in a thread that wasn't even a solution.

That's what you get for not understanding the full scope of the situation.

Why are you finding it so necessary to try and critique me? Do you have some sort of perverted forum crush on me?

Untangler

OK, bratsadtar, I am going to provide you with an analogy so that maybe you will understand why you have ruffled some feathers.

Your initial comment criticizing Silver Bullet was kinda like telling someone:

"That was nice of you to help that guy move that piano up that flight of stairs, but next time could you do it a little quicker and without asking so many questions???"

If you don't realize that your criticism in this particular case was unecessary and disrespectful then I really feel sorry for the people that have to work around you. I understand that criticism can be a necesary thing in a job where people are being paid for their work and certain things are expected from them. But generally when you criticize people that are donating their time to help people, you will get the kind of response that you have gotten here.

Ok, that's my opinion, do with it what you want. I am officially done with this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12