Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default virusdefinitions not updated

Hello,
    I have an untangle running for +/- 15 users.

I had a call now that someone in that LAN is sending MSN links (sort of an MSN Virus)

I looked in the reports and have seen that the untangle VIrus definitions are 29 mar 2008.
    Is it possible to update them manually? Or look why they aren't updated?

thanks,
    Koen

Where in the reports are you seeing the virus definition date?

Master Untangler

Not sure, where he may be seeing the date. But in my reports on the left hand side there is a list of available reports, when I click on the Virus Blocker report under the bar graph and under the Clean/Passed Virus Detected/Blocked
    Vital Statistics:
    Virus Definitions 6922 -- Wed Apr 23 23:04:21 2008

I see now. I never noticed that before

If you're running the Open Source version with the single AV scanner, then run the command freshclam at the terminal and see if it updates it.

Master Untangler

If you knew the answer, then why not reply with... " If you're running the Open Source version with the single AV scanner, Have your tried to go to the terminal window and then run the command freshclam at the terminal and see if it updates it.

"And, by the way, Where in the reports are you seeing the virus definition date?"

This way we can grow together, and get better results. People are nice, and come here looking for answers to their questions. But, answering a question with a question of your own, just stalls matters and gets us no closer to a result.

Quote Originally Posted by bratsadtar View Post
    If you knew the answer, then why not reply with... " If you're running the Open Source version with the single AV scanner, Have your tried to go to the terminal window and then run the command freshclam at the terminal and see if it updates it.

"And, by the way, Where in the reports are you seeing the virus definition date?"

This way we can grow together, and get better results. People are nice, and come here looking for answers to their questions. But, answering a question with a question of your own, just stalls matters and gets us no closer to a result.

I think he needed some more info (like which virus blocker and where you are getting that info) before he can answer correctly. better to give a correct answer than to confuse the issue entirely with an incorrect answer.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Why didn't you just give an answer then?

Sure, I could have said initially to run that command, but what if that wasn't the issue? and it still may not be. He/she may be having problems with his cron jobs running as that command is supposed to run automatically.

So, just sit on the sideline and let the Adults handle the problems and you might learn something.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post

I think he needed some more info (like which virus blocker and where you are getting that info) before he can answer correctly. better to give a correct answer than to confuse the issue entirely with an incorrect answer.
    Interesting, since he never gave his answer, I gave an answer.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    Why didn't you just give an answer then?

Sure, I could have said initially to run that command, but what if that wasn't the issue? and it still may not be. He/she may be having problems with his cron jobs running as that command is supposed to run automatically.

So, just sit on the sideline and let the Adults handle the problems and you might learn something.
    So you turn to insults to try to prove you are an adult??
    This just shows your level of immaturity. I didn't belittle you at all. I treated you with respect and dignity. Something you obviously, simply can't do.

Untangler

So you turn to insults to try to prove you are an adult??
    This just shows your level of immaturity. I didn't belittle you at all. I treated you with respect and dignity. Something you obviously, simply can't do.
    Before you come to a forum and start insulting people, you might want to consider the fact that you are using a very useful FREE product that people like Silver Bullet have spent countless hours developing so that people like you can use it without having to buy other very expensive software/hardware. He didn't have to respond to the question at all, yet he took time out of his day to try and HELP!
    Last edited by techserv; 04-26-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast