Untangler

Default How does it work, exactly?

This is not in the wiki, and my searches lead nowhere (fully possible I searched wrong...) so my question is: how do files get handled by the AV? In theory it should download the file on Untangle, then scan it and if it's clean send to the machine that requested it. However I see downloads for extensions I have added to come down gradually, and not at the "right" speed of a gigabit wire. I've been wondering because I've downloaded the installer (.exe) for VirtualBox and since it's almost 200mb it should've normally taken several minutes to download, with a progress bar crawling towards the end, while with an AV check before it should've been stalled for quite a bit before suddenly appearing on my machine. I got the small progress bar crawl, so I'm puzzled.
    How does it work?

Thanks in advance

It depends on the size of the file.

For large files it feeds the file to the client at a slower rate than it downloads it (otherwise it would timeout).
    At some point it has the whole file and the client has a fraction of the file.
    It will scan the file at this point (pause in download) and then if it is clean feed the rest of the file to the client.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

That makes sense and explains why it worked "weird".
    Thanks!