Banned

Default Virus Blocker Lite showing - 'unknown' for every file, letting threats past.

I installed Untangle a few days ago, and was noticing with only Virus Blocker Lite installed it would let threats pass, indicating on the count it scanned them, and indicating it passed them. Support said I may have a bad install. So I reformatted the system, verified integrity, reinstalled Untangle, and the same problem exists.

It LOOKS like it is working, but frankly - it isn't. I've tried removing/re-adding the app, support tried various things from remote to no avail. I've tried placing Untangle on a DMZ before anything else on the network, same issue persists.

If I install the paid version trial, of course that works, but that's not what I want to be using, and not what I am testing. Is the app just broken?

Banned

Update... Installing version 9 x64 VBL works fine.
    Installing 11 x32 to test that, perhaps the ISO build for x64 is corrupt. That's the logical conclusion so far.

Master Untangler

I've run into this issue with v10 and 11. The clam-av daemon isn't running properly after the initial install. You can restart it from the command shell or I believe it will start properly if you reboot the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayahana View Post
    Update... Installing version 9 x64 VBL works fine.
    Installing 11 x32 to test that, perhaps the ISO build for x64 is corrupt. That's the logical conclusion so far.
    Check the MD5 of the ISO file.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Banned

Issue resolved with restart, daemon wasn't launching.