Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am using UT version 7.2 and had a problem with using Netflix on my PS3. Unchecking the Disable HTTP Resume option in Advanced options of the Virus blocker resolved the problem for me too. Thanks for the help guys.

I have a sony BDP-N460 that i couldn't figure out why it wouldn't stream video. i finally enabled the Disable HTTP Resume option it resolved the problem for me also but in the untangle help it says it causes the virus checking to not be effective. I currently have to open untangle when watching netflix or other streaming video and enable the function then disable it when it am finished. It is a pain. any ideas?

We have/had the exact same problem. Turning off antivirus provided workaround. While troubleshooting it was found that downloads were not blocked to pc but were to blue ray dvd player.

Default More info and questions

Tried to setup Sony BDP-N460 and was having the same problem described above. Interestingly, Amazon On Demand and a Michael Jackson channel both worked fine, but all the other services did not. Since those channels worked, I was convinced problem was with unit. Wasn't until I bypassed UT completely and all services worked that I thought about searching this forum.

Turned off the HTTP Resume and all services now worked. What is Amazon doing differently than all the rest?

What vulnerabiility am I opening by turning off HTTP Resume and is there a fix in the works?

Master Untangler

I just set all my Roku, PS3, AppleTV devices to bypass. Works every time.

The additional "vulnerability" you are exposing yourself to is very minimal as long as you are running anti-virus on your computers.

What a "bad" program can do to get around virus scanners is to request "pieces" of a virus payload by using HTTP Resume. However, as long as you have antivirus on your PC, when those pieces get re-assembled, the PC antivirus should detect it.

I personally have not seen any virus get transferred this way because the original "bad" program usually gets caught (as it doesn't get onto your PC via HTTP resume).

I am having the same issue with version 7.1.1. I have web filter,protocol control, firewall. I have turned everything off and still get same issue. I get netflix to play but it will freeze after a few mins. Any suggestions.

ok i just test it on my computer and dont seem to have a problem with streaming. If i do it on my samsung bluray player it will play for a few mins then stop. didnt have any issues before i installed UT server.

dmorris thanks for the help! I've had this problem for several weeks, and believed it to be a NetFlix error since I could browse the queue, but once I started streaming it wouldn't work on my Insignia BluRay player. Finally tonight I hooked my player up directly to my modem and realized it was Untangle that was causing the problem. A quick search of the forum located this thread...and your recommendation fixed it.

Thanks again! I guess the only question I have is how vunerable does this leave me Virus attacks? I'm using a dedicated Untangle server to protect my home network which hosts 9 Windows XP machines.

i use netflix, and i dont seem to have a problem at all, I am using all the standard racks and also esoft web filter and have not had a problem at all,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast