Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Question Netflix and Untangle

I am having a problem with Netflix being able to play movies. I have called them and they are telling me that they are "sending" it out on port 80. So I am wondering why untangle is stopping it.

Please help
    Atta

mdh

I would check event logs for your Firewall (if in use), Web Filter, Intrusion Prevention and Protocol Control modules to see if you can see Netflix traffic being blocked. Make sure to do a refresh (or auto-refresh) so that you see current activity. If Netflix charges you for successful completion (instead of just attempts), try to play a movie and look for any new activity. I would assume that you are blocking Streaming Videos in Protocol Control, but a check of all event logs would yield better evidence.

I contacted Netflix and their Customer Service could not provide any info. I have also made a suggestion for their web site, as this will likely happen more often in the future. If I get any info from them, I will post it here. Hope this helps!

My guess is that they are sending some non-HTTP thing over port 80.
    (they do this because port 80 is open on all firewalls)

The easiest way would be to create a policy mapping all traffic to the netflix domain on port 80 to 'No Rack'
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

I am also having this same problem. I'll give your suggestion a try dmorris

mdh

Please let us know if you are successful. I have attempted to contact Netflix corporate and they have not responded.

It's the antivirus that is messing it up. I turned off all of my devices and enabled them one-by-one until the error returned. It was the antivirus device causing the problem. Beyond that, I have DRM issues but that is a Vista x64 thing.

Untangler

Default So how can we fix this

So please can you tell me how we can fix this???
    I can get no response from Netflix whatsoever.

Thanks

It looks like Etrigan said it was the virus blocker. So.... if you can you should try and disable some different virus blocker features,
    Did you try it without that configured?

Untangler

Default Untangle and Netflix

I have switched it off and it is letting me thru, so I quess that is what is is, but how can we fix it.

Red face Netflix blocked by Virus on Untangle 5.1

Was having the same problem with Untangle 5.1 ... turned off the AntiVirus in Untangle and Netflix streaming worked great! Not sure why this is happening in Untangle.

Alex

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast