Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Scout IQ questions

Any way you can say who's feed is Scout IQ? = Bit Defender?? Sophos/Hitman Pro?? Home Brew??

If I am just surfing the net, what type of files and protocols is it looking up?

Does it hold the page until it gets it's answer from the Scout IQ server, or if the latency is too long does it release the webpage/file hashes I would think, and let what every it wanted to scan go through un responded to?

Say I surf to Yahoo news, and go to 2 different stories, is Scout IQ used highly in this scenario? With ads in the background and such, or is mainly used in downloading files and email attachments?

Anything else you can add to explain it would be nice too, if you can. I know some stuff must be left unsaid.

Untanglit

I would like to know this as well. One of the main reasons I am looking to deploy a UTM is to have ALL traffic scanned for malware. While it sounds like Virus Scanner does this, I would love more info on how.

ScoutIQ is our own threat intelligence, compiled from our users.

Anytime virus blocker does a file scan, it also does a scoutIQ lookup.
    The benefit of a cloud based threat intel is that it has global context of whats going on among our millions of users.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Is it possible to scan all traffic (not only files with specific extensions)?
    For example: Untangle fails when I test it with http://metal.fortiguard.com because it seems not to check the complete data stream. I would like to have it check all traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by desperate250 View Post
    fortiguard.com.
    Funny how all major vendors except their own fail ^^^
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

@jcoffin
    Not long ago I posted regarding this test, remember? The client made me put in pfsense back, unfortunately some people tend to only believe these type of tests. Untangle failed this test for me also but in real world where I have untangle protecting my networks I find that the workstations are as clean as a whistle, before untangle was in place I always found some kind of nasty stuff
    Last edited by Chrismal; 01-10-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Building a security system to pass a specific test is just like building schools to teach kids to pass tests.

Useless.

If you've got customers that cannot think critically, you've got customers that will continuously pay you to fix their bad decisions. Enjoy the cash flow!
    Chrismal likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Building a security system to pass a specific test is just like building schools to teach kids to pass tests.

Useless.

If you've got customers that cannot think critically, you've got customers that will continuously pay you to fix their bad decisions. Enjoy the cash flow!
    perfectly said

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Funny how all major vendors except their own fail ^^^
    I use sophos on a test network and it scores a 17 out of 18, only reason it fails one of them is because it blockes both the clean and infected password protected zip files.

pfsense with squid clam AV also blocks 17 but it is a toy compared to the protection you get with Untangle, I surely do not feel as secure as I do with Untangle protecting the Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast