Untangler

Default WAN Balancer along with port forwards

I am looking to replace two older Untangle boxes with one new one. For redundancy we have three Internet lines but have never put them under a load balancer or failover solution. We have static addresses available on all of these lines and I would like to bring the work load into one machine instead of two or more.

One of these firewalls has email port forward done on it and uses static IP addressing for that. Another one also has statics on it and forwards DNS traffic to a DMZ area.

If I were to connect multiple outside lines into one Untangle box with WAN balancer will that cause issues with my port forwards? Each incoming static address is on a different line and subnet.

The Port Forward rules should look at both Destination Address and Port, so that they only forward traffic that arrived on the correct interface.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 13.1 to protect 700Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-R1 View Post
    If I were to connect multiple outside lines into one Untangle box with WAN balancer will that cause issues with my port forwards? Each incoming static address is on a different line and subnet.
    No. It will answer any incoming requests (sessions) out the interface that the request came from.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com