Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default I can not get internet access if I active multiwan with wan balancer

Hi all,

I have 4 wan with different internal ranges 192.168.201.0, 192.168.202.0 192.168.203.0 and 192.168.204.0, I have applied Wan balancer so that they work all 4 at once but if I leave more than one wan active my clients can not navigate, if I deactivate all but one of them then if they can navigate.
    Do you know why it can be?? , I simply need to be able to have the 4 adsl online and that the clients go out indistinctly for one or the other

Thank you

David

There are so many unknowns. I would start by activating all the WANs and running through this troubleshooting guide. Post your answers if you still need help.

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...ternet_is_Down
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Hello,
    My scenario as I explained is the following:
    3 Wan and an internal network. I have the firewall app and the Wan Balancer app with 33.3% for each wan. The tests that ask me in that url passes them all, my problem is that if you do a ping to google for example, I often lose packages, a traceroute does it but it takes a while and if you navigate to some url it does not always work sometimes works, but very slow and others simply says that it can not show the page due to lack of connection.
    I see that when it works it always uses the Wan 1. It is as if when balancing in a request it was done by different Wan and the answer was lost.
    I have the Wan Balancer without any rules. If I add the rule that port 80,443 and 53 go through Wan 1 it works, if I tell it to go through Wan 2 it does not work. The tests of the 3 Wan I have made correctly and have a connection from Untangle.
    Any idea why it can happen ?, I need to be able to use 3 Wan without having to use Hardware for it

If you are losing packets, there is an issue with the ISP of that specific WAN (WAN 2).

Untanglit

It works when i use it alone, same wan3

Is the IP subnet all difference on the WANs? Are they different ISP companies?

Untanglit

The internal subnet of each router are 192.168.201.1, 192.168.202.1,192.168.203.1 Same ISP

WAN Balance does not work with the same ISP on different WANs.

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/WAN_Balancer

WAN Balancer works in conjunction with multiple ISPs to distribute your traffic across multiple connections.

WAN balancer needs a complete routing table, but if a multi-WAN Untangle were to operate behind multiple NAT'ing devices each supplying different IP subnets I don't see how that wouldn't work.

I do see how that would be an utter nightmare to get configured properly however, and double NAT is never a good thing.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

I do not understand it, I think it's a simple scenario and that Wan Balancer should work regardless of whether the adsl are from the same ISP or not, it has differents ip addresses, use the internal ip ranges, should untangle do the connectionwith ISP in each adsl and use the external ip's? . It's very strange because if I add Wan Failover it does the wan tests perfectly, but when navigating the wan 2 does not respond, although it does the connection tests from untangle.
    If I can not use wan balancer, can you tell me an alternative, maybe a dedicated software?

thank you very much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast