Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangle Ninja

Would Untangle"s sd-wan be useful for this?

Quote Originally Posted by xxnumbxx View Post
    I tried this and split the connections equally but did not find that it used both connections. The highest speed I could get was that of the lowest connection. I did read something about untangle not working with connections from the same ISP. I do have separate modems and physical connections but both connections do reside on the same gateway. I think pfSense gets around this with the monitor IP. I hope I am wrong and it does work, anyone able to achieve this? Any Tips?
    As long as you weight your WAN1 and WAN2 connections equally torrent downloads will load balance across the two connections. The reason for this is unique to the bittorrent protocol where there are multiple peers each with different IP addresses that round-robin through the various connections in a multi-threaded way. Note: no single connection will use more than the bandwidth of any one of your WAN connections.

The Peplink forum is very helpful and there are instruction guides. I originally tried PFsense and there was no way I could get it setup in bridge mode. The PFsense forum does not tolerate less knowledgeable folks. I gave up and found Untangle to be fantastic and the so is this forum. Peplink load balancing routers are expensive and there are some services required as well. My AWS instance costs my less than $9.00 Canadian a month but there are cheaper alternatives. AWS is free for the first year which is very cool.
    At one point I was on Digital Ocean but Netflix detected the twin VPN tunnels and blocked me. Good luck with your search. Maybe The LEO Starlink will work for you at the end of the year.

Untanglit

If you are willing to learn network stuff, than mikrotik and a virtual server instance running Mikrotik CHR can configured to bundle multiple land lines.. before I got my cable I did this with 4 DSL lines.
    The problem is what atomicboy described, as you need somehow a external gateway which has a fixed IP in a range outside of usual provider IP ranges you will blocked by netflix.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by ensnare View Post
    As long as you weight your WAN1 and WAN2 connections equally torrent downloads will load balance across the two connections. The reason for this is unique to the bittorrent protocol where there are multiple peers each with different IP addresses that round-robin through the various connections in a multi-threaded way. Note: no single connection will use more than the bandwidth of any one of your WAN connections.
    Do you know if this is the same with Usenet traffic?

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by atomicboy View Post
    The Peplink forum is very helpful and there are instruction guides. I originally tried PFsense and there was no way I could get it setup in bridge mode. The PFsense forum does not tolerate less knowledgeable folks. I gave up and found Untangle to be fantastic and the so is this forum. Peplink load balancing routers are expensive and there are some services required as well. My AWS instance costs my less than $9.00 Canadian a month but there are cheaper alternatives. AWS is free for the first year which is very cool.
    At one point I was on Digital Ocean but Netflix detected the twin VPN tunnels and blocked me. Good luck with your search. Maybe The LEO Starlink will work for you at the end of the year.
    I read about Starlink that would be a game changer. I am northern MN so almost Canada and they talked about rolling this out first in northern us and canada. Thanks for all the advice.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by .Marcus. View Post
    If you are willing to learn network stuff, than mikrotik and a virtual server instance running Mikrotik CHR can configured to bundle multiple land lines.. before I got my cable I did this with 4 DSL lines.
    The problem is what atomicboy described, as you need somehow a external gateway which has a fixed IP in a range outside of usual provider IP ranges you will blocked by netflix.
    I will definitely look into this. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnumbxx View Post
    I read about Starlink that would be a game changer. I am northern MN so almost Canada and they talked about rolling this out first in northern us and canada. Thanks for all the advice.
    5G will do you far more good than any satellite based system. It may sound funny... but when it comes to getting crap into and out of orbit, the speed of light is just too darned slow!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12