Unhappy Tests not functioning.

After power outages here, and activating my back-up 4G LTE hotspot for WAN over Wi-Fi (WoW?)

WAN Failover would not complete a previously working test on the External interface (ISP). I didn't dig into it too far, other than swapping a http test for ping test... because a reboot fixed it.

but that broke the previously working Wi-Fi link test. The Interface actually went missing on a u25xw appliance.

This thread is for support purposes.
    wlan0.png
    interface.png
    missing.png
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 10-07-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    If you think I got Grumpy

The WiFi interface is not fully registering with the OS properly. Hence the warning triangle next to the interface. Could be hardware issue due to power surge or the software is damaged.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I am leaning towards software, and expect to put the v16.0 RC on it after support takes a look.

The box is on a line-interactive UPS, so it should have been pretty well buffered from the power surge. Unfortunately, the battery life was extremely short, so I dumped power for NGFW not once, but twice. The Wi-Fi interface was still working when power came back on, as the cable ISP didn't restore right away.

sigh.

Exclamation Cycle power

And although a bit tortuous, IMHO, I have successfully installed v16.0 RC

curiously, the wipe and install didn't fix the Wi-Fi interface.

I had to physically remove power from the appliance (after a graceful shutdown) after the install to get the interface back before restoring.

So, if a reboot doesn't fix it, try cycling power. There is a difference between the two.

Again, this is a u25xw appliance.
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 10-10-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Alles View Post
    After power outages here, and activating my back-up 4G LTE hotspot for WAN over Wi-Fi (WoW?)

WAN Failover would not complete a previously working test on the External interface (ISP). I didn't dig into it too far, other than swapping a http test for ping test... because a reboot fixed it.

but that broke the previously working Wi-Fi link test. The Interface actually went missing on a u25xw appliance.

This thread is for support purposes.
    So, back to the original title.
    The appliance 'rebooted' on power failure, after the false 15.1.2 update. It still reported 15.1.1, I had not accept the latest update available (that is the administrative alert shown in the original post).

Even though the Internet worked, testing started to fail, first on external. That prompted me to re-start, and that test started working but the Wi-Fi went missing.

It was not corrupted software or GUI configuration, as a fresh v16.0 was installed, and the Wi-Fi was still missing until I cycled power.

After the restore from 15.1.1, once again, the Internet works, but the test on external is not passing. The Wi-Fi hotspot is off, and that interface reports disconnected, but otherwise healthy. I have tried several testing options, and have fallen back to pinging Google. I can ping 8.8.8.8 from any Windows client/host, and also NGFW Network/Troubleshooting [Ping Test].

I am not convinced that this is unique to me.
    I have requested a new ticket with the new UID.
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 10-11-2020 at 10:26 AM.