pod
    Master Untangler

Default getting web cache to use /data ?

Is it possible to get web cache to use /data to store it's cache files?

I've got a standard install and the spare space (above 80gb) has been partitioned as /data and doesn't appear to be used for anything at the moment.

If so, is it as simple as changing the cache-dir line in /etc/squid/squid.conf?

Untangle's caching is configured to live within that 80gb source partition. I'm not sure what the long term plan is for that /data partition but yea I expected the cache to live in there.

Anyway the short answer is you could hack this over, but due to the settings you can't change in the module I'm not sure it would do you any good.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Where would we put up a feature request, something like "an option to direct all the web cache data to the /data partition instead of the root partition?" kind of statement to the untangle team?

I don't know how easy it would be to implement it vs. just hacking it in. I like the non-hack solutions myself.

Quote Originally Posted by knightmb View Post
    Where would we put up a feature request, something like "an option to direct all the web cache data to the /data partition instead of the root partition?" kind of statement to the untangle team?

I don't know how easy it would be to implement it vs. just hacking it in. I like the non-hack solutions myself.
    Its already done that way in 9.1.
    If /data is of sufficient size, it will use it instead.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Its already done that way in 9.1.
    If /data is of sufficient size, it will use it instead.
    Awesome, I've got a fairly new 9.0 system with a 400GB /data partition, we just wait for the official update I take it?