Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default Check Web Cache disk usage?

Is there a way to see how much disk space web cache is using? At least from the GUI, I know I can ssh in and just do a df -h dump, but looking for a pretty way to see it.

There is no status of cache size on the GUI. On the terminal, du -hs /var/spool/squid/
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

if you have a really large /data partition, will it use that instead or are the two linked together?

Yes, it will, but the cache size is always limited to a fixed size. I do not recall the size limit at the moment.

We found that with a cache that was too large even "beefy" boxes would struggle.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangler

Where would I find the size limit?
    Last edited by knightmb; 03-06-2012 at 04:58 PM.

There is no way I'm going to post on our forum information that will cause users to hurt the box. You'll need to google for it.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangler

I need to Google for your default settings?

Am I just searching this site or everywhere? What if some other site has it wrong?

Assuming I'm reading the correct file, and assuming it's in mb, the cache is hard set to 1000mb.

Forgive me for not divulging the file in question. A.) I'm not sure I'm correct. B.) MRunkel is right to be worried about users tinkering with it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Well, there are no options to change it (unless I missed it somewhere in the GUI), so is having a large /data partition really necessary then? Could it all fit on the primary partition now or does it still seek out the largest partition to put cache content on?

When I built my untangle box, I put a half terabyte drive in it for the web cache.
    Last edited by knightmb; 03-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.

It no longer puts the cache in /data
    It puts it in the main partition.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast