Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justasking View Post
    For Web Filter..

    Gmail is blocked, when I access gmail on a workstation, it shows on event log that block = true

    I try to allow gmail on purpose in web filter and access it on workstations, it also shows on event log that block = false

    Once again, I blocked gmail in web filter and access gmail on a workstations, this time it didn't show on event log and I can access it.
    You are just changing settings manually?
    When you save settings, the new settings are only applied to new sessions. It won't reset existing SSL connections.
    When a new web visit is processed, it will consult the new settings.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  2. #12
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    You are just changing settings manually?
    When you save settings, the new settings are only applied to new sessions. It won't reset existing SSL connections.
    When a new web visit is processed, it will consult the new settings.
    I tried waiting for the time where gmail is allowed / blocked.

    Once gmail is allowed (open gmail rack), it will be accessible for the whole time. Gmail are allowed for only an hour but it last more than an hour once i accessed it.

  3. #13
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    I would troubleshoot why you can access gmail after the time you specified.
    Are the sessions going to the correct rack? (Use the session viewer)
    Are the old sessions still open? (Use the session viewer)
    Is Web Filter doing the right thing? (Use the event log)

    edit: also if you are testing with chrome make sure to block UDP port 443 with the firewall.
    Last edited by dmorris; 09-07-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  4. #14
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I would troubleshoot why you can access gmail after the time you specified.
    Are the sessions going to the correct rack? (Use the session viewer)
    -All workstation belongs to Default Rack where GMAIL is blocked. I only open it on OPEN GMAIL rack. I can see a test workstations on the session viewer which is going to the right rack (default rack)

    Are the old sessions still open? (Use the session viewer)
    -Nope. By the time i refresh gmail then new sessions establish but the old sessions were gone

    Is Web Filter doing the right thing? (Use the event log)
    -Im having a hard time regarding this. Should I see the test workstation on Default Rack Web Filter after the time specified? and see test workstations on OPEN GMail rack when gmail is allowed?

    I can still access gmail outside the specified time, but I can't see it in event log (both Default and Open Gmail rack).


    edit: also if you are testing with chrome make sure to block UDP port 443 with the firewall.
    Already did this. No result

  5. #15
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    great. It sounds like you verified that the sessions are in the correct rack with the session viewer.

    What is in the event log?
    If you want just hit refresh and then use the filter in the dropdown in the "Client Address" column to only view events for the given test client.

    What version are you using? It depends on what version you are using... the event logs work somewhat differently, but ultimately any web visits will appear in the event log.

    edit: Also you are talking about *Web Filter* right? Web Filter Lite is an entirely different app. It does not process SSL.
    Last edited by dmorris; 09-08-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  6. #16
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    great. It sounds like you verified that the sessions are in the correct rack with the session viewer.

    What is in the event log?
    If you want just hit refresh and then use the filter in the dropdown in the "Client Address" column to only view events for the given test client.

    What version are you using? It depends on what version you are using... the event logs work somewhat differently, but ultimately any web visits will appear in the event log.

    edit: Also you are talking about *Web Filter* right? Web Filter Lite is an entirely different app. It does not process SSL.
    What I see in the event log of Default Rack is mail.google.com blocked = false. It should be blocked = true right now. I also filter base on ip address.

    Version of UTM is Build 11.1.0~svn20150430r40162release11.1-1wheezy

    I'm using web filter, not web filter lite.

  7. #17
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justasking View Post
    What I see in the event log of Default Rack is mail.google.com blocked = false.
    Can you post a screenshot of the event log entry?

    How is Web Filter configured?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  8. #18
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of the event log entry?

    How is Web Filter configured?
    Event log for Default Rack or Open Gmail Rack?

    Web Filter Config (Default Rack)

    Gmail is blocked under Block sites Tab

    Web Filter Config (Open Gmail Rack)

    Gmail is not blocked under Block sites Tab
    Gmail is added under pass sites

  9. #19
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    The Default Rack event log.
    The issue is that you can get to gmail while going through the default rack, but you want the default rack to block gmail. Correct?

    You mean gmail.com is blocked?
    mail.google.com != gmail.com
    what exactly is entered in "Blocked sites"?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  10. #20
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The Default Rack event log.
    The issue is that you can get to gmail while going through the default rack, but you want the default rack to block gmail. Correct?

    You mean gmail.com is blocked?
    mail.google.com != gmail.com
    what exactly is entered in "Blocked sites"?
    Here's the screenshot




    Here are the entries under Blocked sites.

    gmail.com
    mail.google.com
    accounts.google.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2