Question How to put BES users into a rack

I've been asked to allow Blackberry devices to not be limited as far as Internet surfing goes. Right now they get block pages from time to time.
    Do I simply create a new rack for the BES server and then create a policy with Destination Address to the BES's IP and then select the BES rack?
    Last edited by rmaccara; 10-02-2012 at 11:43 AM.

If the traffic you want to pass is coming from the BES server you will want to add a policy rule with source address = BES server IP -> BES rack.

you can also add one for dest address = BES server IP if you want to send sessions *to* the BES server to that rack also.
    rmaccara likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I've tried adding the policies, including just a source address = BES to its rack. What happens is the policy works when I'm surfing on the BES server itself.
    The Blackberry devices are not being restricted by Untangle - they don't seem to have any restrictions at all. Maybe they aren't going through BES for surfing. I've made sure in my test that Wi-Fi is turned off.

Found this link at BlackberryFAQ which details steps to take on the BES to force the devices to use only the Blackberry's browser. After this procedure, browsing goes through Untangle.
    Thanks!