Master Untangler

Default Mobile Policy enforcement

So, question. We've been happy users of Untangle now for multiple years. Howerver, as we've grown, I've gotten more requests now to filter off-campus on our fleet of school managed 1:1 Windows 10 Devices. While I find quite a bit of documentation on how to setup Xauth vpns for android and the like, I'm not really seeing many options for the Windows environment on the Wiki. Could anyone help with this, or direct me to the correct place?

The L2TP portion of IPSec is by default on the windows station a full tunnel thing, so those are filtered while connected.

OpenVPN can also be configured by group to be full tunnel for the soft clients.

The docs are on the wiki, under the respective VPN modules.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

thanks @sky-knight.

I was thinking t hat was the way it goes. However, and this is due mostly to not using it, is there a way to have those connections auto connect on Windows, and make it transparent to the user? If I have to rely on students to connect themselves, they're more than smart enough to go "nope".

OpenVPN has a service, and once the client is installed you can set that service to automatic. However, my experience in practice says that unless the device is online very quickly after a reboot, it simply won't connect the tunnel and maintain it very well.

Though I suppose you could make a scheduled task run a test every 5min and if it fails restart it... A simple minder might just work.

The market in this area is infuriatingly weak. I haven't personally had a huge need here yet.

Don't forget you can contact Untangle support, they may have some more ideas.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-07-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com