Master Untangler

Default Web Filter Category - Export/Import

Question 1:

Sometimes I need to clone a Web Filter from one rack to another.

Is there an easy way to do Categories? Right now I have to go back and forth or take screen shots. It would be great if there was an Export/Import option for Categories also.

(As a work around, in Rules, I can create a separate rule for the Categories I want to block and/or flag. From a rule perspective I can then export and import as needed. So a work around is there ... just a pain ... especially where with my young kids, I have a lot of categories I block them from and hence this would mean a lot of rules to create.)

Question 2:

When web filter creating rules I can use the comma for multiple items. For example if I create a rule based on username where I can have "is" followed by "user1,user2" and the rule would apply for both users. This works for Web Filter Categories too I find. Works great!

However, some Web Filter Categories actually have a comma in its name. Is there a way to create a rule that will not interpret the comma in the Category name as a separator? Can I put a single quote or other character? Suggestions?

Thanks ...
    Last edited by theoak; 07-14-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Untangle 13.1.0 (13.1.0.20170912T113808)
    QOTOM-Q355G4
    1.6-2.7 GHz Intel I5 5250U, 128GB SSD mSATA, 4GB RAM DDR3L, 4 xRJ-45 Intel I211AT 10/100/1000 Controller

Question 1: Push out WebFilter policy with Command Center.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Question 2: you dont have to specify the whole name

*Garden*,*Politics*
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Question 2: you dont have to specify the whole name

*Garden*,*Politics*
    Ah ... yes I have actually been doing that as a work around too.

It just could be a problem if I have for example:

Dogs, Cats
    Dogs, Birds

If I wanted to only block "Dogs, Cats" I could NOT do "Dogs*" because "Dogs, Birds" would get blocked too.

I have not played with Command Center. I will need to check that out. Thanks for the responses.
    QOTOM-Q355G4
    1.6-2.7 GHz Intel I5 5250U, 128GB SSD mSATA, 4GB RAM DDR3L, 4 xRJ-45 Intel I211AT 10/100/1000 Controller

Quote Originally Posted by theoak View Post
    If I wanted to only block "Dogs, Cats" I could NOT do "Dogs*" because "Dogs, Birds" would get blocked too.
    In that case use *Cats*
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Master Untangler

Yes. Totally. The catch with wild cards though is that you have to make sure it does not match something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QOTOM-Q355G4

Untanglit

As a corollary to this question, I need a complete list of the categories I can filter on for a report I'm composing. I would normally take a screenshot but I want these folks to be able to check off ones they would like to have enabled in this instance. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

--Ben