Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Untanglit

EDIT: /me smacks himself in the head with a rolling pin. We have to save the change in the interface dialogue.
    May I borrow the rolling pin please?

I kept looking for a Save button in the interface editing window and all I saw was Done. It did not dawn on me to click Save in the interfaces list after closing the edit window. Thanks for duplicating my issue!

Untanglit

OK, so I added Quad9 as Primary and one of the OpenDNS servers as secondary. I now get 4 admin alerts...

"Spam Blocker is installed but a DNS server (X, Y) fails to resolve DNSBL queries." per server, and again...
    "Web Filter is installed but a DNS server (X, Y) fails to resolve categorization queries." per server.

Things that make you go "hmmm"...

Master Untangler

To test this out, I would use a single DNS for Untangle, and I would use OpenDNS. I would (and do) use Quad9 only for clients via DHCP. Or you could simply use OpenDNS on the WAN and call it good.

Untangler

I had the same issue last week with Comcast DNS. Switched the WAN DNS to google and the issue went away.

Untanglit

Well, this is strange... Every DNS server I try (opendns, quad9, google) gets the Web Filter warning, and all but one of the two opendns servers gets the Spam Blocker warning (208.67.220.220 does not). Yet others here seem to be OK with at least opendns and google not producing warnings.

Could this be an issue with my system? I installed the Home version with all the apps, and after the 14 day trial, made sure apps I no longer had licenses for were turned off (including Web Filter and Spam Blocker). I am running v13.1.1, which I don't think was out when I installed this last December, so there may have been an auto-update since initial installation. Could these warnings be new or somehow more likely to come up with v13.1.1 than earlier versions? Again, its only in the last 2 weeks or so that I've been seeing the Web Filter warnings.

Untangler

Your just going to network configuration and switching the primary and secondary DNS right? I did nothing with overriding.

Untanglit

Your just going to network configuration and switching the primary and secondary DNS right? I did nothing with overriding.
    Config -> Network -> Edit WAN interface -> Enter new DNS server(s) into Primary and Secondary DNS Override fields.

Should I be somewhere else?

No, but beware when you make that change you have to close your browser and reconnect to the UI to get the tests to run again.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

I've found that refreshing the browser page with F5 is enough to update the warnings with the new DNS server addresses. I get the same results as when I close the browser and reconnect to the UI. Also, I get the same results with Chrome and IE 11, in case the browser itself comes into question.

Untanglit

Default DNS categorization query alert [Solved]

Upgrading to v13.2.0 has cured the Web Filter warnings, which were appearing for every DNS server I tested, and now do not appear for any of them. So it seems that v13.1.1 was generating false positives and v13.2.0 has fixed the issue.
    bluechris likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast