Untangler

Default I could use some Google/Youtube help

I have an ipad that got around my web filter settings.

It shows as search engine.

clients1.google.com

/complete/search?client=youtube-reduced&hl=en&gs_rn=64&gs_ri=youtube-reduced&ds=yt&cp=4&gs_id=l&q=boob&callback=google.sbox.p51&gs_gbg=O6dXW

Can I block key terms like *youtube* and *boob* ?

I understand I can have many unexpected results, but I need to figure something out even if its a pain. I've had 2 filtering incidents this week which is abnormal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Untangler

I had unblocked YT in application control due to an issue I was facing last week, so maybe I'm fixed after re-enabling. I'm still interested in knowing what else could be suggested though.

I have safe search enforcement, QUIC is blocked, and YT was blocked in web filter, as well as getting inspected through SSL inspector.

You can block search queries with Ad Blocker. Under it's Ad Filters tab, create entries under User Defined Filters for the search terms you want to block. However, this can and likely will have other unintended consequences as any URL with the search term in it will be blocked.
    Alton

I wouldn't use ad blocker as it returns a 403 instead of a blockpage, and web filter has a superset of that functionality anyway.

You can add an entry to your block list or a web filter rule.
    a block list entry will be easiest something like *youtube*q=*boob* or whatever
    a rule is the most powerful as you can do things like host = *youtube* and uri=*q=*boobs* then block

beware none of this will work without ssl inspection as the URI in encrypted.
    if you're doing ssl inspection i would just enforce safe search and be done with it.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com