Default Website Blocked for Users, but only a few have Access

I am trying to block Youtube, so that the users won't have access to it. I only need a few to have access, how do I go about making this happen? I think Policy Manager is involved, but I don't know how to make it work.

Yes you need policy manager.

So what I do is make the default rack web filter block the video streaming, and audio streaming categories.

Then I make a child rack of the default rack, install Web Filter, and ensure those two categories aren't blocked.

Finally, you make policy rules that push the users you want to have access into the rack that allows it. By default everyone else will be blocked.
    JasonJoel likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

So would I need to use the policy manager to make those policy rules or would those rules be created in Web Filter.

Thanks.

Both

The web filter module determines what filtration rules you want applied. The policy rules determine which machines are subject to which web filter.
    NexgenAppliances.com

So for the policy manager rule I would need to put the IP address of the PC and what rack it is pointing to. If I had set the default rack to block the website, what other information would be needed for the policy manager to do its job?

Master Untangler

The policy manager rules dictate which rack a device goes to. The configuration of the rack and which apps are configured on that rack determine what is filtered/monitored.

If you want something blocked for some people, and not for others you've described a need for two different filtration policies.

You configure the reality of block vs pass in two different racks, with two different web filters. You then use policies to determine who goes into what rack. You can use IP address, time of day, you can even assign usernames to machines in the devices screen and use those. Or, if you have AD integration enabled and configured you can use AD user names. There is every thing you can imagine in the policy rule set to match on. However you want to do it, you're simply defining whom goes into what rack and from there receiving the appropriate web filter and associated filtration policy.
    NexgenAppliances.com