Default Web filtering based on VLAN

My previous employer had a Meraki environment and I was able to create policies for each VLAN, assign policies to VLANS, and choose different web filtering for each policy/vlan. My current employer uses Untangle.

I see that I can setup multiple policies. I can create a rule to specify internal interface, set the source address to 192.168.2.254/24 which would (I think) direct it to apply a specific policy to a VLAN, and then specify a policy. But I don't see a way to create separate filters for each policy. It looks like there is only one filter and on/off is my only choice.

Each Web Filter in each policy is a different instance. Just configure as desired.

You can also use source interface for rules if you don't want to use address range.
    NKNLR and f1assistance like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

This is easy to do in Untangle with Policy Manger. What you can't do right now is have one core set of rules, and have different vlans inherit those rules as a base or starting point that you can then customize. You can inherit rules, but then you're stuck with exactly those rules. Or you can customize the rules in each policy, but then you have to re-configure the entire set of rules you want in each policy.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 09-17-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    f1assistance likes this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 14.1.1 to protect 500Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Thank you guys! This answers my question.