Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

- Click edit for the event rule.
    - Check "Limit send frequency" and adjust "To once per" as wanted.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

I'm obviously not versed enough on untangle to follow fully here. Is this the proposed solution to the 10x per day emails?

Shut off all events Phishing and Fraud from sending email to once per x?

Is there a way to "whitelist" this particular event versus changing a whole category of events? I guess I don't follow. Seems like it would be more straight forward as OP mentioned to just say hey web filter, please stop filtering /kindle-wifi/wifistub.html from xx:xx:xx:xx:xx MAC address. (that was my solution also...didn't seem to work)

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by atothek View Post
    Is this the proposed solution to the 10x per day emails?
    The root problem is, or rather was an apparent mis-categorization of the site. As of this writing, Web Filter is not blocking the site, so that problem seems to be resolved.

Reducing the volume of alert email is, to me, a temporary solution to the inbox clutter problem only.

I'm curious why a pass site entry isn't working (not a solution proposed by the OP, by the way, but by a later poster), but since the site isn't currently being blocked I can't tinker around with that.

Untanglit

So how do I stop this email from spamming me? Should I just shut off the emails entirely? Not following the most targeted and step-by-step solution here.

Quote Originally Posted by atothek View Post
    So how do I stop this email from spamming me? Should I just shut off the emails entirely? Not following the most targeted and step-by-step solution here.
    /admin/index.do#config/events Select the alert you are receiving and enable threshold limit for the alert.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

So should this work

Annotation 2019-01-09 163725.jpg

I am still getting a bunch of messages similar to the following. They have various ip address with 52.216.xx.xx and 52.217.xx.xx and maybe more that I haven't noticed but all seem to have the same ending of the url so was hoping some type of wildcard would work. I am guessing that I got the syntax wrong?

Phishing/Fraud website visit detected:
    Web Monitor flagged http://52.216.239.83/kindle-wifi/wifistub.html (Phishing/Fraud)

Causal Event: WebFilterEvent
    {
    "timeStamp": "2019-01-09 01:29:51.165",
    "reason": "BLOCK_CATEGORY",
    "flagged": true,
    "blocked": false,
    "appName": "web_monitor",
    "requestLine": "GET http://52.216.239.83/kindle-wifi/wifistub.html",
    "category": "Phishing/Fraud",
    "sessionEvent": {
    "entitled": true,
    "hostname": "amazon-e
    Last edited by dbh1; 01-09-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Fixed attachment

Master Untangler

The forum reports the attachment is invalid. Maybe try again?

I haven't found any way to stop this from sending alerts. When I do get an alert, I go to tools.zvelo.com and report it as a mis-catagorized alert which is why Sam Graf stopped getting the alerts. I can confirm that adding "*/kindle-wifi/wifistub.html" as allowed in the Web Filter app does not stop the messages. I assume that Untangle doesn't support a wildcard for the host. I'd still like a solution that works permanently, not one that reduces the notification to once a day or that disables any other funtionality, but rather one that allows filtering a path with a wildcard host as I tried. If anyone has any ideas, please do share. Until this is fixed, if you run across this thread, please do us all a favor and go to tools.zvelo.com and report it as miscatagorized (I use technology as the catagory to have it changed to) as this fixes it for everyone when new definitions are loaded in Untangle from Zvelo.

Master Untangler

I have never seen a site categorization problem like this, where the problem comes and goes over and over.

Anyway, Untangle does support wildcard URLs in the Pass Sites list. I finally saw the block and used this to pass the site: *kindle-wifi/wifistub.html. Feel free to try it and report back.

@Sam Grf,

Trying it just as you typed without the http.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.21.31 PM.png

I will see if I get any warnings overnight.

Is there a guide somewhere to this syntax? I would prefer to be able to at least put in some part of an ip address to make it more difficult for a black hat that reads these message boards to craft their attack using this string.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast