Untangler

Default Definitive way to block Youtube video ads?

Like what the title says.... Youtube's video ads have become so annoyingly intrusive, popping up at the most inopportune time, making me want to throw the remote at the TV.

Is there a documented way to remove them solely with Untangle? Hopefully, I am looking at something that is already tried and tested.

If you can keep my sanity, thank you!

There is, it's called subscribe to YouTube Red.

And no, I'm not joking. The ads are part of the video stream itself now, there is literally no separation, no way to pick it out and even if you did you'd be staring at black for that length of time anyway.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    There is, it's called subscribe to YouTube Red.

And no, I'm not joking. The ads are part of the video stream itself now, there is literally no separation, no way to pick it out and even if you did you'd be staring at black for that length of time anyway.
    Appreciate it. But let's call that Plan B.

I was able to identify a few URLs by observing uBlock Origin's logs on my browser when I play ad-laden videos on Youtube and for a time, it got rid of most ads (except the video ad in the beginning). In other words, even if there's those yellow thingamajig on the video progress bar (signifying where the ads would appear), after applying the filter, the video plays through them without showing the ads and uninterrupted. But this was good for about less than a week and now, I'm back to square one.

just fyi, Untangle can't even see the content without SSL inspection.

This task is better suited for a local plugin, not at the gateway.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    just fyi, Untangle can't even see the content without SSL inspection.

This task is better suited for a local plugin, not at the gateway.
    Fair enough. I'll settle for a reduction of the video ads, if possible.

Youtube Premium is something I'd rather avoid for two things:

1. Cost. Granted that this is probably due to the fact that it's hard to start paying for something you've been using for free for over a decade
    2. Availability. The paid service is not yet being offered in my country. I can probably circumvent this with VPN but I think it's too much trouble than they're worth

Anyway, I saw this block list. Is there any way to have Untangle use this list?