Default Temporary Unblock Password Not Working

Hi there,

I'm a new Untangle user, switched over from a UTM appliance running Sophos XG and so far really pleased with Untangle. I've been able to troubleshoot most things through browsing this forum and the Wiki, but I can't find an answer to this one...

I've enabled a temp unblock option with a password (have tried with both administrator and custom passwords) in Web Filter > Advanced. When reaching the block page, entering the password doesn't let me through to the blocked site. I've tried this on two machines (Kali Linux/Firefox) and (Mac OS Catalina/Chrome) and both act the same. This is when using Google to search for terms blocked under Web Filter > Search Terms.

When I enter the password and hit the button, the page looks like it refreshes (the string of numbers at the end of the block page URL change) and if I enter the wrong password, I get notified that it's wrong, but I'm stuck at that page.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas what I can look at to troubleshoot?

Many thanks

Wink Welcome

...to Untangle and the forums.

I don't have anyone to use blockpages on!

I would open a ticket on this, green ( ? Support ) button at the bottom of this page!

Just as a shot in the dark, we have very occasionally seen Untangle choke on certain characters or character combinations in passwords. If you aren't using or trying a simple alpha password, consider trying that just to confirm the temporary unblock really is broken.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

@Sam Graf - The 'custom' password was just a 4 digit 0-9 for testing, so nothing exotic there.

Custom password is working for me on Build: 15.1.0.20200520T115448.b25694768b-1buster
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Custom password is working for me on Build: 15.1.0.20200520T115448.b25694768b-1buster
    Thanks for the info. I'm still on 15.0, so will wait till the update has rolled out to me and see what happens after.

Quote Originally Posted by Armshouse View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm still on 15.0, so will wait till the update has rolled out to me and see what happens after.
    I don't think the version is the issue as the feature is commonly used and this is the first I've heard of the issue. Please post the steps or a video of the setup and what you observe.

Just to get some handle on the environment, what hardware are you running, what browser are you using?

@Jim.Alles I'm running a HomePro subscription on a Qotom Intel i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 8GB RAM, 64GB SSD. This policy was targeted at an old Dell laptop that is running an i386 installation of Kali Linux and using Firefox ESR. I added my MacBook Air into the policy to check if it worked there and that's on Catalina and Chrome. Both exhibit the same behavior. The recording below was using Brave browser (which I guess is kinda Chrome too, but hey...)

@ Jcoffin Here's a screen recording showing the behavior. https://youtu.be/_zGQOoByrdo
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Thanks for the video I will see if I can reproduce the issue on v15.0
    Armshouse likes this.