Default Web Filter Blocking Traffic but not reporting it

Hi

Since my Untangle at Home upgraded to 15.1, Web filter has started blocking my Virgin Media Tivo v6 box from updating it's program information.
    If I turn off Web filter, the Tivo works. If I turn on Web filter the Tivo fails to connect, but there are no blocked sessions reported. I added the IP address of the Tivo to the pass clients list and it works again.
    Looking at the All Web Events report, I can see the connections from the Tivo to 62.253.90.133 on port 80 to several URI's
    The category is Uncategorized, which is not set to be blocked in the Web Filter settings.
    I have tried an Untangle reboot with no change in behaviour.

Anybody got any ideas on what's happening and the best workaround?

Thanks

Untangler

Paul,

This issue has also been reported recently in this thread, though the fact that it is related to an upgrade to 15.1 and the traffic is marked as "Uncategorized" seems to be new information.

I guess the best workaround at this time is to assign your Tivo client a fixed IP address in Untangle and then use a client pass rule in WebFilter (what you already did temporarily).

Also (as suggested in that thread linked above) it may be time to file a support ticket.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had searched for relevant threads before I posted but obviously missed that one!
    I am not 100% certain it was the 15.1 upgrade that stopped it but the last successful connection on the Tivo matched up with the up time on my Untangle and I hadn't done a manual reboot so I am guessing that the last reboot was the auto update to 15.1.