Untanglit

Question how to add 200 websites in the pass list

Hi, I would like to add 200 websites in one shoot. is it possible? Does somebody know how I can do it or know the good file in system files?

thx all this will save me more then 10h because I need to build 9 untangle and give access to 200 websites only and block all the rest.

thx all and have a good weekend.

One at a time

I'd kill somebody for CSV import/export for that stuff!
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Untangler

Ha. that would be a good addition. Meanwhile you can built one first, then backup the settings and restore onto the rest of the sets. Change the IP address if there are not the same. I did that for 5 PCs.

Currently it is a manual process. You can do one box, and backup the config/restore, so you don't have to do all 9 sites.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Write a object based macro.

Click button
    check window
    make entry
    click button
    check window
    click button
    check window
    make entry

For me I used an exported email whitelist from GFI that exceeded 1000 entries. Made output be 1 entry per line then just copied it all into notpad. As I copied information from notepad to untangle I removed the top line and just slowly let the macro work through the list. Took a couple hours. Course untangle didn't like the whitelist and removed the whole list. After the second time we left it alone to see if anyone complained of not receiving email.

Look for a macro tool called AC Tool it allows you to do this relatively quick. Course if its a one time thing probably just be faster to enter it by hand.

P.S. download the seperate object mapper tool it works better than the one integrated into the main scripting tool.

And yes this strategy does eat a computer terminal while in use, but I can't stay awake doing that kinda work by hand.
    Last edited by Big D; 06-29-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Look for a macro tool called AC Tool it allows you to do this relatively quick.
    FWIW, I've had good luck automating websites / programs using Autoit.

Master Untangler

Default Sample File Reader to bulk add sites to passlist.

Here's a file read program I did to update the avast sites in bulk with their constantly changing requirements. It's simply a bulk read of the file, and sql insert. Note that it does a restart of the UVM at the end. Not something you want to run frequently (mine runs Sun nights).
    The avast dump file shows it's simply a text file of permitted ip sites to access.

You need to provide which policy it's using. See the header notes in the program.

Hope it helps
    D.
    Dave Bour
    Desktop Solution Center
    Burlington, ON, Canada
    www.desktopsolutioncenter.ca
    905.381.0077 X501

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Write a object based macro.

Click button
    check window
    make entry
    click button
    check window
    click button
    check window
    make entry

For me I used an exported email whitelist from GFI that exceeded 1000 entries. Made output be 1 entry per line then just copied it all into notpad. As I copied information from notepad to untangle I removed the top line and just slowly let the macro work through the list. Took a couple hours. Course untangle didn't like the whitelist and removed the whole list. After the second time we left it alone to see if anyone complained of not receiving email.

Look for a macro tool called AC Tool it allows you to do this relatively quick. Course if its a one time thing probably just be faster to enter it by hand.

P.S. download the seperate object mapper tool it works better than the one integrated into the main scripting tool.

And yes this strategy does eat a computer terminal while in use, but I can't stay awake doing that kinda work by hand.
    Wow! Actool! Haven't seen that for years. Like since AC. Can't believe that is still around and kicking. It was long gone even after decal. Cool that people have used it for other things besides the game.

Quote Originally Posted by far182 View Post
    Wow! Actool! Haven't seen that for years. Like since AC. Can't believe that is still around and kicking. It was long gone even after decal. Cool that people have used it for other things besides the game.
    Lol this brings back memories. The endless hours I spent on that game, on dial-up to boot. I loved pulling nasty creatures over to the bots killing bunnies.
    Dave

Untanglit

dcbour,
    Pardon my ignorance, but where did you get the info about the postgres database to know WHAT to put WHERE? I'd love some info like that!