Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I don't think that UT will be of any use with a dialup connection. I could be wrong but given what the guys went through to get cellular internet to work with UT I would just hang this up until you get an internet connection that spits out ethernet.
    thank you a lot,

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    WildBoy,

It sounds like you don't have any connection to the internet with Untangle. From other threads, I can't tell if you are now using a dedicated box or a VMware installation of Untangle. With either one, you need to read the link that sky-knight posted. If you're using VMware, you have to read the VMware instructions as well. Go to the web site and read about what is free and what is a subscription-based product...most are free, and even the subscription-based products can be used free for up to 30 days. It sounds like you need to know what you're diving into before you start diving.
    thank you a lot,

Hey, I have cell (evdo) working on my untangle, sort of. There's a cradle-point router between the untangle and the evdo device.

But I would like to know if I can use the built-in dial-up modem on my untangle box as an alternative external port. I'd like to see it's speed with accelerator software compared to the evdo connection. Service in this area is very crappy, no-matter what you use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12