Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how could i use UT as web-filter

i have already installed UT and there is nothing in my apps and library too
    so
    how could i use UT as web-filter

and how could i config UT to connect the internet

I suggest you start with the manual...

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/U...etting_Started

How you configure UT to connect to the Internet depends on your specific situation. What Internet connection type you have, what your goals with the UT deployment are, and the structure of your LAN. We need more information before we can give specific advice.

To address your first issue, if you can get into the console AND UT has a working Internet connection to get your rack applications you merely need to look into your library and install the applications you want. If you are just trying UT out and you haven't purchased anything the Open Source package is a good place to start.

is there a product like web-filtering i can get into my library and how
    i read the linked page but.....the library is empty

The library is populated when UT connects to the internet. If you aren't seeing any buttons there to press you have something wrong with UT that is preventing it from getting Internet access.

There are several rack applications that deal with web filtration. You have the obvious one called Web Filter, then there is also Virus Blocker and the Spyware Blocker.

ok so what is the configuration that i need to make access to internet

and smt else please.. can i connect to the internet via UT using DIAL-UP connection or not ?

you said "If you are just trying UT out and you haven't purchased anything the Open Source package is a good place to start."

you mean we have to purchase the web-filter software before we use it otherwise its trial ? sorry but what do you mean by we should use the Open source package .. we thought that the untangle is totally open and free soruce .. was that right ?

mdh

WildBoy,

It sounds like you don't have any connection to the internet with Untangle. From other threads, I can't tell if you are now using a dedicated box or a VMware installation of Untangle. With either one, you need to read the link that sky-knight posted. If you're using VMware, you have to read the VMware instructions as well. Go to the web site and read about what is free and what is a subscription-based product...most are free, and even the subscription-based products can be used free for up to 30 days. It sounds like you need to know what you're diving into before you start diving.

I don't think that UT will be of any use with a dialup connection. I could be wrong but given what the guys went through to get cellular internet to work with UT I would just hang this up until you get an internet connection that spits out ethernet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast