Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Untangler

Hi

I have customised the web filter page by pressing ctlr and shift when you click on setup info, a branding tab will appear and you can upload your logo

mdh

That will get you only so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    I believe you have to recompile it.
    So is this still truth? You have to recompile to be able to change the BlockPage text ?
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------

This is my opinion... The branding tool was in version 5.3 with limited functionality... Version 6.* was in the Pro package, yet it still limits you as to what you can change... I know the bulk of the services that Untangle provides are open source and we should be able to "edit" anything that our clients need - the fact of the matter is that it was once free and now it is part of the "Pro" package and it is still limited in what we can change. I feel that if you are going to charge for a tool, then the end user should be able to change 100% of the branding... IE, when the untangle server boots up it has the untangle logo on it, I feel that the branding tool should allow us to edit this page, as well as others to fit our clients needs...

just my two cents worth.....

Nimrod
    Untangle ROCKS..! :D

At this point NimRod... you're living up to your name.

I will state this as clearly and bluntly as possible.

The branding tools were never free

It has since day one been a paid module. The only difference is that before it was built in and if you knew the magic button you could access it without the license.

Does the tool need improvement? Sure... but what is there now is very flexible when combined with the skinning features.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Default No need to be insulting

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    At this point NimRod... you're living up to your name.

I will state this as clearly and bluntly as possible.

The branding tools were never free

It has since day one been a paid module. The only difference is that before it was built in and if you knew the magic button you could access it without the license.

Does the tool need improvement? Sure... but what is there now is very flexible when combined with the skinning features.
    Look, you don't need to go and insult someone because of their name and you believe they are an idiot...! So, with that said I was giving my 2 cents worth on the above post I left... In version 5.3 you could do branding and it was not part of the pro package. That means it was FREE but with limited functionallity.... Still it was FREE. So, I feel that if untangle wants to charge for the branding service then it should be more robust and offer the resellers the ability to edit the box to fit their needs... Again, no need to try and slam me for my believes here Sky-Knight... If you don't agree, then fine but keep it civil.

Regards,
    Nimrod

Master Untangler

Hey NimRod,

I agree with you on sky-knight's comment. A lot of his post are very helpful, but it comes at a price of sarcasm, offensive and making the poster feels ignorance. I don't have any opinion on the issue of branding, but attacking another poster with comment like that is uncall for...

Thanks
    Last edited by dknyinva; 05-20-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dknyinva View Post
    Hey NimRod,

I agree with you on sky-knight's comment. A lot of his post are very helpful, but it comes at a price of sarcasm and making the poster feels ignorance. I don't have any opinion on the issue of branding, but attacking another poster with comment like that is uncall for...

Thanks
    Thanks dkyinva, I was surprised myself because he is usually helpful in the forums but I think he just lost some respect from people in the forums...

Regards,
    Nimrod

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by NimRod View Post
    Thanks dkyinva, I was surprised myself because he is usually helpful in the forums but I think he just lost some respect from people in the forums...

Regards,
    Nimrod
    to be honest here, as someone just watching this take place, you really didnt do yourself any justice with that little issue in the Turkish forum.

might i suggest that this issue be dropped before things get said that arent meant?

I think the point has been made, but any further disputes between forum members should be taken up in private messages, only involving moderators and admins should the need arise

Heh say what you want. I was there, I read the fine print. You weren't an MSP and you weren't ever legally allowed to use those branding tools.

And, to make my point even further, YOU KNEW you weren't supposed to use them. Untangle was very clear in 5.1 that the branding tools were to be used only by authorized MSPs.

Now, untangle didn't enforce it, then they moved it into the pro package and made it a rack module to stop people from abusing it. You may think this was a bad move, but this fact remains, Untangle is NOT yours.

File a complaint, fine but these public forums are not the place for such things. Untangle sets the rules, they have defined the branding tools as a paid module. That is really the end of the discussion. You specifically have been on the whiny end of this situation before. You know all this, yet you choose to bring it up again.

It was your choice to start this waste of time, I just finished it.

Also, I should point out it was users abusing that feature that prompted the enforcement. I pray you aren't taking a similar path and encouraging people to falsify their user counts to get cheaper licensing. It is behavior like that that forces us all to be subject to draconian controls that damage networks. At that point Untangle would become another Sonicwall, and then where would this project be?

Oh and one last thing, using a name like that automatically grants free reign to make fun of it. It is probably meant to be humorous, and you also did that of your own free will. And considering you're attacking me so shortly after your little escapade in the Turkish forums...

I will give you one thing. It isn't easy to Troll me, and you pulled it off. Congratulations.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast