Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Untangler

Wink Customise web filter page

i know this has been covered alot on the forum, but i would like to have my company logon on the block screen i dont mind still having the untangle logo there, but i need to have our logo on the block page also i would like to add text to the page, i am not removing any copy right or any thing i would simply like to add the logo and some text such as :-

--------
    %CompanyLogo%

Dear %username%,

Our company internet useage policy does not allow for browseing of these sites, if this is for legitimate reasons please call %SupportNumber% and we can arrange this with you.

Many Thanks
    The Support Desk
    --------

i know i can do this, please can you tell me how to do this ,

Many Thanks for your time.

You currently have to be an MSP to access the customization features of Untangle.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

mdh

And even then, the capabiliity to add the customization he is looking for isn't there.

Untangler

Red face

hi first off untangle is compantible with what i want to do ans secound if this is open source then why do i have to be a part of the MSP to edit the code/add customizations to the page that my users will be seeing ?

I'm not sure I understand the policy of only MSP's having the ability to change the Block Page either. After all, it's the end users that will see that page and the chances of them being in the market for a Content Filter are slim. If anything, it will entice them to look up Untangle and visit the forums and potentially see where the content filter weaknesses are.

I do think I remember dmorris mentioning in the last Web Cast that this is changing in a future release??

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    I do think I remember dmorris mentioning in the last Web Cast that this is changing in a future release??
    We're discussing putting the rebranding tools in the pro-pack in 6.0

For free users you could also put a port forward that forwards the port for the block pages to your own server and put whatever you like...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by pcooper View Post
    hi first off untangle is compantible with what i want to do ans secound if this is open source then why do i have to be a part of the MSP to edit the code/add customizations to the page that my users will be seeing ?
    its open source - you're free to modify as much as you like
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Wink

so can you tell me how to modify the block page and if i can not can you at least tell me how i can forward the port to a server that i cna host the page on ?

Default Customise Web Filter Page

I have change the coding of the blockpage.jsp but still it display the ori. one how do i change. is it block the permission of the file do i have to chmod the file..

mdh

I believe you have to recompile it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast