Untanglit

Default Blocked page login for bypassing false positives

I know this has been asked many times, and the options are covered in the wiki.... but why does this function not exist after so many years??

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...eryone_else.3F

I know the question is always asked - why on earth you put up a wall and give everyone the option to jump over it?? It feels like this is a one size fits all solution, that does not fit all user scenarios.

IT staff is not always available to amend the filter policy, so users must have a quick way to get around false positives without waiting for an admin.

The ideal way to do this is to give a couple of key users a login they can simply enter on the block page to get around it, is there any plan for this sort of option, or any other work around that does not require full admin access to untangle?

There is. Block page with password bypass.

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Web_Filter#Advanced

Unblock: This section can be used to add a button to allow users to bypass restrictions on a case-by-case basis.
    If Unblock is set to None no users will be allowed to bypass the block page. If Unblock is set to Temporary users will be allowed to visit the site for one hour from the time it is unblocked. If Unblock is set to Permanent and Global then users will be allowed to visit the site and unblocked sites will be added to the permanent global pass list so it will always be allowed in the future.
    You also have the option of setting a password to Unblock; it can either be the existing Administrator password for the Untangle or you can set a new, separate password only for the Unblock feature.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I dont understand.

You provided a link that answers your own question and tells you how to do exactly what you are asking for...?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

You are correct - I was just being a complete idiot, for some reason it didnt jump out an bite me.