Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default HomePro allows install ?

My home pro box upgraded to 16.01 last night and i noticed i was able to install a 14 day trial of wireguard, does that mean at the end of the 14 days there will be an option to subscribe to keep it?

Ironically i am not able to save any settings when creating a new tunnel, which makes me wonder if i should have even seen it as an option?

You can install trials on anything, but you can't buy that license outside of Complete.

So no, you don't get to keep it. I'm not sure if Untangle's app store is smart enough to do what you ask either.

And given that Untangle just released updated pricing effective the end of next month that removes all but two specific a la carte modules, I wouldn't hold my breath on having that module available within Home Pro.

Which is, in my humble opinion... some next level stupid decision making. I'm hoping Untangle wakes up before it finds itself abandoned. I know I'm looking for alternatives for my clients. The problem? There really aren't any...
    donhwyo and JasonJoel like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by ncksh View Post
    Ironically i am not able to save any settings when creating a new tunnel, which makes me wonder if i should have even seen it as an option?
    What issue are you having creating the tunnel?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    What issue are you having creating the tunnel?
    When i try to save the tunnel i just get the following errors:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You can install trials on anything, but you can't buy that license outside of Complete.

So no, you don't get to keep it. I'm not sure if Untangle's app store is smart enough to do what you ask either.

And given that Untangle just released updated pricing effective the end of next month that removes all but two specific a la carte modules, I wouldn't hold my breath on having that module available within Home Pro.

Which is, in my humble opinion... some next level stupid decision making. I'm hoping Untangle wakes up before it finds itself abandoned. I know I'm looking for alternatives for my clients. The problem? There really aren't any...
    Do you have a link to the updated pricing? Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinComputers View Post
    Do you have a link to the updated pricing? Thanks,
    Link? It's in the Partner Portal, which is attached to your Command Center. It's under collateral, then price lists.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Really wish we could get this included in HomePro or even some HomeProAdvanced that gives all the features for an additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeO View Post
    Really wish we could get this included in HomePro or even some HomeProAdvanced that gives all the features for an additional cost.
    Wait for it..

https://forums.untangle.com/wireguar...tml#post247021
    ncksh likes this.

Master Untangler

I thought it was included for a bit as after upgrading my HomePro setup there was no label anywhere stating that it was a demo.

I then went to the Licenses screen and saw it was 14 days so I just uninstalled it.

I use my HomePro system to test stuff that I want to use on our work system so I guess I'll just stick with OpenVPN for work.

I was having issues understanding how Wireguard worked anyway as unlike OpenVPN/IPsec I couldn't seem to find the Wireguard sessions anywhere in order to tag them for my Filter rules to be applied.

Pretty disappointing about the feature segmentation that's going on with Untangle Home Pro.

I understand the need to segment the product, but leaving out WireGuard seems shortsighted for home users. I have spent a lot of time migrating my config from pfsense/opnsense, but probably won't renew my subscription when the year is up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast