Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Wireguard setup on iPhone but is it working?

I have been playing with wireguard at home on untangle (HomePro). I set-up wireguard roaming for my phone. It connects VPN is on. Then I go to whats my IP and it still displays the same public IP as before. How do I know wireguard is configured correctly? That it is hiding my traffic. really think I am missing something here... Any help would be great. Thanks all

I don't think Untangle's current Wireguard module supports full tunnel...

I just looked at my module and it's missing a ton of settings to that end, and I think I recall that being proclaimed as something for a future release.

Fair warning, this is a half a fart coming out of a very inaccurate and tired memory.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

You have to set the allowed IPs to 0.0.0.0/0 in the iOS client if you don't want your traffic split.

I tried that and still not working correctly.

I guess my confusion comes from the setup. I just have to setup roaming scan the QR code and that works? All the traffic routed thru untangle? No other VPN provider? it all seems so simple and that is why I think I am missing something.

Master Untangler

Did you set up the main tunnel first? Meaning is the app itself up and running. Then the mobile.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by pauldemo View Post
    I guess my confusion comes from the setup. I just have to setup roaming scan the QR code and that works? All the traffic routed thru untangle? No other VPN provider? it all seems so simple and that is why I think I am missing something.
    After you import to ios using the qr code select the tunnel, I'm guessing you'll only have one, don't turn it on with the slider, select the tunnel name, that gets you to the tunnel settings page, there set the allowed ip's to 0.0.0.0/0, then all traffic goes through the tunnel.

Untangle Ninja

The openvpn app in untangle lets you create configs for split or full and you issue accordingly.

I haven't dug into the wireguard app in untangle enough to see if you can do the same but it appears to be an either or choice for all tunnels, meaning it's split tunnel by default and you'll have to remove all the local address in the untangle app and replace them with the 0.0.0.0/0 for tull tunnel globally, I haven't tried that and I don't know if the untangle app will accept that setup.

Split or full only matters on WG client. The client can change the config independently of the config of the other side.

Again, WG is far different model than other VPNs like OpenVPN or IPsec.
    Marty_B and pcwatermods like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

I finally got around to trying to set it up my iPhone as well. I agree with the OP it’s not working. Wireguard app is on, settings are fine and then scan the code to the iPhone but internet/no traffic moving through status on the app or on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast